Cheapest Pub in Taipei is?

Bumping this back to the top.

Still looking for the afternoon beer bar in Tainan.

Any specifics yet from anyone? :smiley:

100NT should be about the price for a beer ( pint) considering the average wage in Taipei. Any bar charging more would only be hoping to attract a business clientele and therefore ostracising the average punter.
Why more bars do not sell Taiwan Beer on draught, amazes me?
Stack it high, Sell it cheap!

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Bumping this back to the top.

Still looking for the afternoon beer bar in Tainan.

Any specifics yet from anyone? :smiley:[/quote]

Does not exist. Unless you’re talking about the dance bars in Little Manila on Sundays (the big building across from the train station on Beimen circle). Or if you’re talking about all those beerhouses, restaurants that serve beer - those are literally everywhere. Fried noodles and 60 NT for a beer.

In Tainan, Boston Pub/Restaraunt, on HsiaoDong Rd. (Lu) towards the NCKU university area.

It has a vertical sign out front with a frothy beer mug at the bottom of the sign.

It opens at 1700 (5:00 p.m.) and has draft beer, usualy Tiger or San Miguel for $NT60 per mugs. Also has a simple, but quality, liquor selection. Good sized mugs. It also has a very clean bathroom. Pretty good food, nicely run and a nice open tree covered patio in the front. Pleasant ambiance.

Crowd is all locals. I reccomend it for a meal & a beer or just a beer.

There are probably around a hundred, maybe two hundred, semi-outdoor beer bars exactly like that around Tainan, on almost every street corner.

I was drawn by the frosty beer mug at the bottom of their sign. And the fact that it presented a good visual from the street. I am still on a leisurely quest for a good afternoon place.

cheapest beer in taipei is at places like Wax, B1 and Hot Gossips where you pay NT$500 for all-you-can-drink. unfortunately, for beer they usually only have Coors light.

and despite the low cost, i wouldn’t wish B1 on my worst enemy. really wouldn’t recommend any of them - unless your sole objective is to get as plowed as possible and you only got 500nt in your wallet.

Wax isn’t that bad i guess - if you’re deaf.

A new site is being constructed devoted to cheap beer information.
DON’T GET RIPPED OFF ANY LONGER.
Please join the group -

groups.msn.com/100ntbeer-Taipei

[quote=“WolvesMon”]A new site is being constructed devoted to cheap beer information.
Please join the group -

groups.msn.com/100ntbeer-Taipei[/quote]

I guess this site never got off the ground?
Would have been interesting.

Cheapest bar in Taipei?

Taiwan Beer Bar, at the TTL Brewery, near the corner of Bade and Jianguo. NT$50/mug.

Taiwan Beer is the only beer available and the decor isn’t much, but hey, it’s cheap!

I second the Taiwan Beer Bar:

The Taiwan Beer Bar

台北市八德路2段85號 / Taipei City, Bādé Lù, Sec. 2, No. 85
入口: 渭水路 / Enter on Wèishuǐ Lù
Tel: (02) 2771-9131
Hours: everyday 11 am-12 midnight (except holidays)
taipeiguide.blogspot.com/2006/10 … r-bar.html

Maybe not the cheapest pub overall, but we have the cheapest Guiness on tap in Taiwan! On Tap has pints for NT$200.

Cheapest now for Guinness and Boddingtons has to be Peace Jazz at 100NT

[quote=“Josefus”][quote=“WolvesMon”]A new site is being constructed devoted to cheap beer information.
Please join the group -

groups.msn.com/100ntbeer-Taipei[/quote]

I guess this site never got off the ground?
Would have been interesting.[/quote]

Fair enough.

groups.msn.com/100NTBeer-Taiwan

Not sure why they didn’t get it off the ground, but I see no reason to not have it. Feel free to post away about ANY bars in the area.

Matt

[quote=“ILoveItHereButIDoMissSnow”]

groups.msn.com/100NTBeer-Taiwan

Not sure why they didn’t get it off the ground, but I see no reason to not have it. Feel free to post away about ANY bars in the area.

Matt[/quote]

(Note: That’s any Taiwan Area. I sort of rushed through the list of places, and did so without a map, so if I need to add another location, let me know)

Matt

Excellent bar in ChiaYi named Calgary something or other.
Hard by some railroad tracks. Big pitchers of something thats very good beer, Tiger maybe - could be San Miguel, costs NT$250 per pitcher. 4 or 5 glasses per pitcher.
Big place, open inside with a stage. Looks like a mid-western USA college bar. Nice folks that run it.
Some kind of time-warp happens there though…makes 1 hour turn into 5 hours.