Cheapest way in and out of taiwan

Hi, I need to leave Taiwan in a couple of days so I can re-enter on my 30 days visa exempt passport. What is the cheapest way? So far, I’ve been quoted a return flight to Hong Kong HK$2410. Is there anywhere cheaper I can go? Don’t mind how I travel or where to, as long as it’s cheap! Thanks

Well…I know a guy with a fishing boat…goes out of Tainan about 0300 headed west…for NT$1500 he can get you over to…OOOPS!

Nevermind…

That’s about right. The higher fuel costs recently has upped the price a little. But your best bet for cheap and easy is Hong Kong. Search for travel agents here. BTW… a question like this may be hazardous to your health on here, its been asked a million times.

It should be “out and in”.

And you didn’t try and think about this beforehand?

Hong Kong is the best visa run destination, especially if you are just turning around at the airport. The Taipei-Hong Kong route is the cheapest, quickest, and has the largest number of flights. You can go there and come back in a day. Try a few travel agents for prices, and make sure you get the total price (with tax etc).

There used to be an article on Tealit about this. I think you can take a cheap cruise into international waters and come back cheaper than you can get to HK. If you find the solution then maybe posting here would be useful to other users.

FYI I had a good look through Tealit and couldn’t find the old article otherwise would have posted here. :frowning:

I’ve been looking for the same thing. I found Travelocity has a quick search map of Asia that I have used to look for cheap tickets.

dps1.travelocity.com/dreamMap.ct … 06&LANG=EN

Looks like you can go to Thailand for $217 + tax.

Jetstar do very cheap flights to Singapore. Maybe cheaper than going to HK, and definitely cheaper when you get there.

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]There used to be an article on Tealit about this. I think you can take a cheap cruise into international waters and come back cheaper than you can get to HK. If you find the solution then maybe posting here would be useful to other users.

FYI I had a good look through Tealit and couldn’t find the old article otherwise would have posted here. :frowning:[/quote]

I have known people to do this…you can get a boat to Okinawa. But I think it’s only open to Canadian citizens who have a 5-year multi-entry visa, or something like that.

eslisland.com/guide/Cruises.htm

has some infor about the cruises offered by Star Cruises.

Eva air has a specail to go to HK for 4200 NT + tax round trip.

evaair.com/html/b2c/english/

That is an awsome price.

can you just turn around at the airport? i am not going to be able to get my student visa extended so i need to make a run out of taiwan. however i do not need to apply for a new visa because i will be coming back to taiwan and then leaving within 30 days, so i just need to get a landing visa/my passport stamped.

can i just stay at and turn around at the airport and come back same day or next day?

need to book ticket asap so any help greatly appreciated!

Yes, you come out the arrivals and go upstairs to the departures.

[quote]I am not going to be able to get my student visa extended so I need to make a run out of Taiwan. however I do not need to apply for a new visa because I will be coming back to Taiwan and then leaving within 30 days, so I just need to get a landing visa/my passport stamped. [/quote] You can get a 30-day visa free entry. No need for any visas.

[quote]can I just stay at and turn around at the airport and come back same day or next day? [/quote] Yes, I’ve down it many times with Thai airways; left Taipei early afternoon and flew back in the evening.

ALMAS JOHN tip: there’s a 7-11 on the arrivals floor; you can get a cheap bag of beer and some ice to keep it cool then go drink it in the departure lounge. There is not any cheap booze in the departure area (unless you crack open your duty free bottle).

got lucky at the police station! so no need to leave the country.

:bravo:

but thanks for the info!

[quote=“Ryan”]Eva air has a specail to go to HK for 4200 NT + tax round trip.

evaair.com/html/b2c/English/

That is an awsome price.[/quote]

I’ve yet to meet anyone who has paid that for a flight to HK.

Take a look in any paper for the travel agents with prices like this and ring them up.
The quotes will be from 7500NT up and they’ll give some feeble excuse about the cheap prices that only exist in the papers.

[quote=“humuhumu”]got lucky at the police station! so no need to leave the country.

:bravo:

but thanks for the info![/quote]
I might have to start hanging out at the police station.

humuhumu - how did you get lucky? I have been here a year and want to take the CPT, but it isn`t until 1 week after my ARC expires…would they extend for me to take the test? (Also assuming I can not apply sucessfully for work)

and european - I have checked online everywhere and right now $4,200 is the cheapest flight to HK…summertime and short notice :\ Do you know a secret cheap place?