Cheapest way to send stuff overseas

Original Title: Cheapest way to send stuff back home

Hello all,

Do any of you know what the cheapest way to send books and clothing to the UK? By post over land? I’m leaving Taiwan for a long while and need to take more than my airline luggage allowance… any suggestions??

By the way, I was registered on this site ages ago, but for some reason my ID was deleted… what happened? Didn’t I post regularly enough???

Surface Mail with the post office for everything that is not time critical.

Thank you X3M. That’s what I thought.

What are the alternatives??

[quote=“tigsie”]Thank you X3M. That’s what I thought.

What are the alternatives??[/quote]

The usual suspects:

Air-mail
EMS
DHL
UPS
FedEx
etc.
etc.

Books can be sent sepereately at a cheap book rate. Books and magazines only, I believe. They’ll probably want to look in the box when you are at the post office. I have to do this soon, in preparation of my return to the “real world”. sigh

This topic has come up once or twice before:

Shipping From Taiwan to International Locations:
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ght=moving](... cheap shipping overseas
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ght=moving](How do you ship personal goods back to your home country?
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ght=moving](Overseas shipping sevices
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ernational](Shipping stuff home

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ernational](Do any of the shipping companies accept partial containers?

Shipping to Taiwan:
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … t=shipping](Moving and Shipping options from US, DC area to Taiwan
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ght=moving](Buying stuff outside of Taiwan and shipping it in?
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … t=shipping](International Shipper U.S. to Taiwan?

US Global Mail
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … t=shipping](US Global Mail: anyone familiar with their services?

where can I find list: taiwanease.com/theknowledge/inde … _I_find%3F

Bike Shipping:
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ght=moving](Shipping/Freight Company in Taichung?
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … t=shipping](A Shipping Company...Shipping Bicycles

Moving Boxes:
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ght=moving](Large Moving Boxes - Kaohsiung
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … t=shipping

Storage:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ght=moving

Shipping Oversized Items:
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ght=moving](Shipping awkward or oversized objects overseas: How?

Posts with no replies:
Storage Related:
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ght=moving](Container Space!
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … t=shipping](Personal storage / warehousing in/near Keelung?
International Moving/Shipping (Household/Furniture):
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ght=moving](Intl Moving/Shipping Company Wanted
Moving Carts:
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ght=moving](Moving carts
Moving Supplies (Large Plastic Bags):
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ght=moving](Moving supplies store?

SEE ALSO: tealit.com/shipping.shtml

I know it’s posible to share a container with someone else. That must be the cheapest way to send, but I don’t know how to or where to go to deliver or recive the stuff.

If you know someone working in sales in some taiwanese company exsporting to your country they might be able to help you.

Offcourse it depends how mutch you will send.

Yeah, whos got a half full container…??

NAC International Group are now offering a moving service that should be considerably cheaper than most if not all of the International Moving companies.

Please see for contact details.

Sending of small packages is still generally best done by using the post office.

[quote=“dumas”]This topic has come up once or twice before:

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ght=moving](How do you ship personal goods back to your home country?

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ernational](Do any of the shipping companies accept partial containers?

Shipping to Taiwan:
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … t=shipping](Moving and Shipping options from US, DC area to Taiwan
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ght=moving](Buying stuff outside of Taiwan and shipping it in?
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … t=shipping](International Shipper U.S. to Taiwan?

US Global Mail
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … t=shipping](US Global Mail: anyone familiar with their services?

Bike Shipping:
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ght=moving](Shipping/Freight Company in Taichung?
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … t=shipping](A Shipping Company...Shipping Bicycles

Moving Boxes:

Storage:

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ght=moving](Shipping awkward or oversized objects overseas: How?

Posts with no replies:
Storage Related:
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … t=shipping](Personal storage / warehousing in/near Keelung?
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ght=moving](Intl Moving/Shipping Company Wanted
Moving Carts:

SEE ALSO: tealit.com/shipping.shtml[/quote]

Wow! That’s a nice list. Maybe someone can make this a sticky now.

[quote=“Persephone”][quote=“dumas”]This topic has come up once or twice before:

Shipping to Taiwan:

US Global Mail

Bike Shipping:

Moving Boxes:

Storage:

Posts with no replies:
Storage Related:
Moving Carts:

SEE ALSO: tealit.com/shipping.shtml[/quote]

Wow! That’s a nice list. Maybe someone can make this a sticky now.[/quote]

bump for sticky

It has been made a sticky already: Shipping to/from Taiwan