Cheating 1 year residency

Anyone know of people who have cheated the 1 year residency to get the citizenship? For example, entering on one passport, and leaving on another, while pretending to be in TW the whole time? I would imagine that people who have 3 passports have done this. I think Hong Kongers can easily get away with this. BNO, Chinese, and HKSAR passport.

They are smarter then they look (the TW immi) and eventually the pidgeons could come home to roost.

wow another useless tommy post, who would of thought? :wink:

I believe that you must use the passport you came in on when you exit as it has the entry stamp and form that goes with it. You could probably enter with 2 passports and leave on one, but I think they are smarter than that, maybe…

I sometimes remind people of the PAINFULLY OBVIOUS, and apparently sometimes there is such a need. :smiley: :smiley:

Why do it? If you’re planning to become a citizen, presumably that’s because you intend to live here, so I’m not sure why a year at the beginning is a problem.

You can’t leave on a passport different to the one you came in on.

Why would Hong Kongers get away with this? Hong Kong isn’t part of Taiwan and they are foreingers like everybody else, including Mainland Chinese.

[quote=“Okami”]wow another useless tommy post, who would of thought? :wink:

I believe that you must use the passport you came in on when you exit as it has the entry stamp and form that goes with it. You could probably enter with 2 passports and leave on one, but I think they are smarter than that, maybe…[/quote]

Gosh, another Okami thread re-stating exactly what the poster he told off said in the first place. Who would have thought?

It’s a hypothetical question for anyone with 3 different passports. Now I see spaint said that you can’t leave on a different passport. How strictly is this enforced, and what happens if you are caught leaving with a 3rd passport?

Hypothetically I would say this is a dumbasss question referring to an idiot who has no idea of the consequences involved in fucking with the laws on the island here.

But I’m sure the OP isn’t the one referred to in this stupid exercise in hypothetically breaking the laws of Taiwan.

[quote=“ironlady”][quote=“Okami”]wow another useless tommy post, who would of thought? :wink:

I believe that you must use the passport you came in on when you exit as it has the entry stamp and form that goes with it. You could probably enter with 2 passports and leave on one, but I think they are smarter than that, maybe…[/quote]

Gosh, another Okami thread re-stating exactly what the poster he told off said in the first place. Who would have thought?[/quote]
:roflmao: danke

As someone else has said. NO, you can NOT leave on a different passport then one you came in on. YOu will be stopped at the airport.

I myself was stopped at the airport back in the day trying to leave on my US passport because it did not have the page stapled inside that they put in it when you arrive? Well my excuse was pretty good. Because that was the FIRST time I was leaving Taiwan and I came in via STORK.

And yes it did have the Exit Permit properly stamped in it.

Its often harder to LEAVE Taiwan then it is to Enter.

what airline is that?

what airline is that?[/quote]

Stork Air. The flight takes bout 9 months usually, they dont feed you hardly anything and you come out crying. Its a flight you will only take once.