Check if my tax is cleared

I paid my taxes before 30 June. Is there a way to check if I did everything correctly? It is better if I can check online.

I went through a kind of messed up thing with my taxes one year.

The government actually owed me money but their records were incorrect, and based on their records we were completely square. So, instead of notifying me that the info I provided was incorrect, they just let it go. So, I contacted them months later and had to get it all sorted out. That took months.

Only way to get info from them was to call them and talk to a specific tax officer. Later, my employer was involved and they also filled me in on some stuff.

So, based on my experience, if they owe you money they won’t bother you or care if your return is “incorrect,” but I have a feeling they’d let you know if you shorted them in any way.

1 Like

What do you think you might have done wrong? If your case is simple (or even moderately complicated), it’s pretty easy in Taiwan to calculate how much tax you should have paid. You presumably have the printouts from the e-filing software if you’re worried you entered something incorrectly, right?

You can check that the filing went through correctly here, but I don’t think that’s really necessary. If you filed without errors and paid, I think you’re good. The tax office will presumably contact you if they have any problems with what you submitted (but I wouldn’t expect them to do that for a while - it took them about 5 months for me last year).

3 Likes

Nothing in particular. I just want to make sure everything is alright.