Check out DPP Blog!

Check out DPP’s unofficial blog at http://dpptaiwan.blogspot.com and spread the word!

Oh Boy…this looks like fun…heh…heh…heh.

Not surprisingly, all the comments have been deleted.

I am sure the KMT blog is full of praise though :unamused:

It’s gotta be a fake. I’m confused as to why none of the search engines I use has ever spotted it.

Vorkosigan

No, this is not a fake website. It was recently established so there have been few visitors thus far. The comments that were deleted were spam messages. The purpose in creating this DPP blog is simply to inform the international community about the political scene in Taiwan.

How do you know it isn’t fake?

Michael

Google results:
DPP blog site
google.com/search?hl=en&q=DP … gle+Search

DPP Taiwan blog
google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& … tnG=Search

Not a good placement.

If you do a google for “dpp blog” it is number 2… not bad placement

googling without “” is rarely effective

Of course you can find “DPP blog” with Google if you search for “DPP blog!” The question is why my blog searches on Technorati and Google Blog search never spotted any posts from it, AFAIK. And i run them frequently to find new Taiwan blogs, with a variety of search terms.

Michael

[quote=“tAiWaN”]The purpose in creating this DPP blog is simply to inform the international community about the political scene in Taiwan.[/quote]Are you sure that’s a good idea ? If the world knew all about Taiwan’s racism, corruption, abuse of human rights etc. it would loose any sympathy it may have.

Doesn’t the Taipei Times already provide a sanitised DPP-centric view of Taiwan ?

tAiWaN, you flunk basic Political Science 101. The purpose of the blog is not “simply to inform the international community about the political scene in Taiwan.”

The purposes of the blog are:

1. to spin things the way the DPP wants them spun
  2. to waste some of my tax money (yes, I am about 99% sure the tax payers are paying for the website–although I have no personal proof of that)
  3. to try and counter (the correct) image of the DPP as a bunch of corrupt county hicks.
  4. and to provide some way for a DPP mid-leval bootlicker/functionary to move up in the DPP food chain by showing he/she/it “did something”.

yours in basic poly sci,
Taxpayer Brian

[quote=“brianlkennedy”]
2. to waste some of my tax money (yes, I am about 99% sure the tax payers are paying for the website–although I have no personal proof of that)[/quote]
The website is free - but of course it’s conceivable that we’re paying the salary of whoever set it up.

Then again, it looks as though it was setup in under 5 minutes, and with 10 posts in just over 20 months, it probably takes about 1 hour (or less) a week to keep updated.

If it is for real (a big IF), then I approve. It’s a very cheap and efficient way for political parties to communicate with the English speaking population. What’s wrong with that?

I, myself, already know the racism, corruption, and abuse of human rights from Han Chinese culture toward others. Don’t worry it’s better we know all about them! :wink:

Sympathy? What can that do for us? Most of the nations are kissing China’s smelly arse to make quick bucks by giving them their technology and their capitals. :astonished:

To answer all of your concerns:
The blog is being managed by an unpaid intern at DPP so tax money is not being wasted. Nothing is being “sanatized.” It is supposed to be a way to reach out to the international community and to update people who are interested in Taiwan’s political scene. There is no attempt to counter or correct DPP’s image. Everything that is on the website is public knowledge. We welcome everyone’s comments about it, but please do not make uninformed assumptions.