check your receipts !!

They drastically reduced the number of winning receipts. I don’t remember exactly when it happened, but I think it was some time in the late 1990s or early 2000s. It was in the news at the time. I used to have an average of at least one winning receipt every two months, and after that it was more like once or twice a year. It just wasn’t worth the effort after that.

Great background thanks. This post from 2002 says it was a factor of two:
http://www.taiwanho.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p=849&sid=83265b6479bccdc9dcba3529d167b44f#p849

For the past two years it has been hard to win since they reduced the numbers by half (haven’t won). Before, there used to be twice the amount of numbers and it was easy to win (I used to win every couple of months even though it was only $300). It cost the gov’t too much money.

I reckon my app makes the checking process well over twice as fast, so it should cancel out the difference in the overall ‘worth it’ factor! :grinning:

I guess, but when you factor in inflation (prize amounts have stayed the same), the worth it factor still ends up lower. :slight_smile:

PS. Demo video of the app scanning 12 receipts in one shot : :clapper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY22fyTxmcE

Eleven people won the invoice lottery NT$10 million (US$330,513) special prize for May to June, while 11 people won the NT$2 million grand prize, the Ministry of Finance said yesterday. Winners can claim their prizes from Sunday to Nov. 6, the ministry added. The special prize winning number is 99768846. The grand prize winning number is 83660478. The NT$200,000 first prize winning numbers are 70628612 and 87596250 as well as 97294175. Of the 11 special prize invoices, two were issued by FamilyMart convenience stores, both in New Taipei City’s Zhonghe District (中和) for purchases of NT$20 and NT$148 respectively.

Wow, those people are lucky.

Wish I’m one of those lucky winners so that I could drop this 9-5 job and go back home and be a farmer.

1 Like

I checked all my receipts accumulated over two months and not even a NTD200 prize!:rant:
Then I throw it all away.
And later I found out I used the wrong numbers to check, as I was looking at different months! :wall:

Receipt prizes unclaimed

Four NT$10 million (US$331,225) uniform invoice lottery prizes remain unclaimed, the Ministry of Finance said on Friday, urging invoice holders to claim their prizes. The four outstanding sales invoices issued in the May to June period have the number 99768846. The receipts were issued at the Hankyu Uni-President Mall in Taipei for a NT$690 purchase; at a National Petroleum Co gas station on Roosevelt Road in Taipei’s Zhongshan District (中山) for NT$1,000; at a FamilyMart on New Taipei City’s Jingping Road for a NT$148 purchase of cold noodles and tea eggs; and at a Wellcome supermarket in New Taipei City’s Jhonghe (中和) for a NT$15 coffee. The ministry said there are also four outstanding receipts for the NT$2 million prize. The outstanding receipts bear the number 83660478. People who have winning receipts have until Nov. 6 to claim their prizes.

Two 200NT tickets for me for 106 11-12. My luck wore off after my first 1000NT win 4 years ago.

I won 4x $200

Me too. This drawing 4x200 :grin:

8 receipts valued at NT$10 million (US$323,930) each still out there.

Imagine they were all tossed
Gee

I drop them in the charity donation boxes.

1 Like

It is worth checking, more than once have me and wife won a bit of money from them

won 200nt! we’re finally in the 1%ers club!!!

1 Like

2 Likes

I gave up on it. lol. I have so many receipts that I don’t even know where and how to start. I tried scanning and tracking them before but never won so that’s it.

I put every receipt for a month in the same plastic bag and then every 4 months I throw the oldest bag away. I have been doing this for years and only once have I actually check the receipts.

I have never checked the receipts on my easy card.

In that case better to give it to charity
Who knows maybe you threw away a large sum

2 Likes