Chemicals in your body

Researchers discovered 55 unknown chemicals in humans.

“Scientists at UC San Francisco have detected 109 chemicals in a study of pregnant women, including 55 chemicals never before reported in people and 42 “mystery chemicals,” whose sources and uses are unknown.”

Unknown chemicals in your body

And millions are getting more injected into their bodies as I type.

It’s not really surprising, given how many plasticizers and pesticides and perfluorinated non-stick coatings etc. modern humans are exposed to on a daily basis (and the metabolites thereof), alongside the sensitivity of current analytical techniques like mass spectrometry for detecting trace compounds. I’m only a bit surprised that the number wasn’t higher, to be honest.

I see this as more of a scary-sounding press release from the university to cynically promote its research than anything else.

At least it’s given @cake the opportunity to crowbar some more anti-vax nonsense into the forum, though.

3 Likes

I got mines. Feel great. Empowered. Still can’t go anywhere, but hey, baby steps.

Ha ha.
All ‘vaccines’ in history have been safe.
Not an ‘anti-vaxxer’. I am pro freedom to put whatever you want or not want in your body and not be policed for it. I don’t trust the current vax or those behind it that looks similar to a ‘leaky’ vax.

But in this case, wouldn’t you favor some authority “policing” (i.e., regulating) what chemicals people are exposed to, essentially involuntarily, through consumer products?

It’s a complex topic that the majority of people don’t have the background knowledge to understand, and, even for the minority of people that do, it’s years of research and work to analyze these compounds and attempt to evaluate their possible effects.

And when researchers and regulatory agencies do all that and report that the chemicals are most likely safe, you don’t believe them and consider it a conspiracy. So how would you suggest this be handled to ensure consumer safety?

May contain chemicals known in the State of Cancer to cause California.

1 Like

Did you make a joke? :astonished: I nearly died of cardiac arrest reading that, and it had nothing to do with unknown chemicals!

3 Likes

There’s a theory the Salem witch events were driven by ergot trips.

1 Like

Wicked!

1 Like

I would rather the law regulated companies that make such things. And those that cause harm be punished for it. It’s usually a fine and or patsy taking the rap. Then some compensation to those that suffered. However will that always be the case what with certain pharma companies not having to make payouts should things go tits up.
But you are putting words into my mouth.
Although I quite rightly do not trust governments (as I have witnessed their lies and attempted cover-ups first hand), that is not to say I don’t trust all regulatory agencies, although I do take it with a pinch of salt, because differing conclusions could be found with other researchers.
The only true way to ensure consumer safety is to retreat to the mountains and become self sufficient. Just hope your seeds are not from Monsanto and their patents comes back to haunt you.

You don’t trust it you say ?

I’m SHOCKED .

1 Like

If one more person says it, the devil will appear!

Monsanto!

Of course that completely ignores the reality that they were driven by the desire to steal others’ properties through asset confiscation. See for example Giles Corey, made famous by the play The Crucible, who died because he refused to enter a plea, because the moment he entered a plea they could declare him guilty and steal all of his land, buildings, and everything else. Therefore, he allowed himself to be crushed to death so that his children could inherit and his family would not be left destitute.

But what do I know, right?! I mean, that’s just the historical record in context, not seen through the lens of academic “I’ve got to come up with something novel for a paper or I won’t get tenure” bullshitting much less modern “wokeitude” about the patriarchal white-male-controlled society back then.