Cheney Allegedly Offers to Trade Carter for Brit Hostages

I call this a [color=blue]“WIN - WIN”[/color] deal!

[quote]Cheney Allegedly Offers to Trade Carter for Hostages
by Scott Ott

(2007-03-25) — A source close to Dick Cheney said today that the vice president has suggested freeing 15 British sailors and marines from Iranian captivity by trading former President Jimmy Carter for the hostages.

The deal, which Mr. Cheney reportedly believes “has a certain poetic justice to it”, would require an executive order signed by President George Bush, but the unnamed source said presidential adviser Karl Rove “can take care of that as usual without bothering the president with the details.”

White House insiders said the trade would not violate the Bush administration’s policy of refusing to negotiate with terrorists, “since only one party in this deal would receive anything of strategic value.”

scrappleface.com/?p=2538
[/quote]

Since what you call it is what it is, NOW negotiation with the Iranian government is ok because you aren’t one who sees a strategic value in it.

I suppose I might say it’s a WIN - WIN siituation if the terrorists accept TainanCowboy in trade, but I’m wondering why any government would accept such a deal. And it probably wouldn’t be a funny joke to one who liked TainanCowboy in any way. I’d imagine a joke like that could be considered a hateful one, actually.

[quote=“twocs”]I suppose I might say it’s a WIN - WIN siituation if the terrorists accept TainanCowboy in trade, but I’m wondering why any government would accept such a deal. And it probably wouldn’t be a funny joke to one who liked TainanCowboy in any way. I’d imagine a joke like that could be considered a hateful one, actually.[/quote]Twocs -
Naaaw…they (the terrs) don’t like me either. They’d throw me back for bigger (and better) fish… :sunglasses:

My idea of a win-win situation is to lock Cheney and all his neoconservative cohorts in a big, walled stadium with all al Qaeda fanatics and come back in about a week.