Cheney resignation rumors fly

OMG! I’m out of a job. Grrrrr…

usnews.com/usnews/news/artic … ?track=rss

Sparked by today’s Washington Post story that suggests Vice President Cheney’s office is involved in the Plame-CIA spy link investigation, government officials and advisers passed around rumors that the vice president might step aside and that President Bush would elevate Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

Said another Bush associate of the rumor, “Yes. This is not good.” The rumor spread so fast that some Republicans by late morning were already drawing up reasons why Rice couldn’t get the job or run for president in 2008.

“Isn’t she pro-choice?” asked a key Senate Republican aide. Many White House insiders, however, said the Post story and reports that the investigation was coming to a close had officials instead more focused on who would be dragged into the affair and if top aides would be indicted and forced to resign.

“Folks on the inside and near inside are holding their breath and wondering what’s next,” said a Bush adviser. But, he added, they aren’t focused on the future of the vice president. “Not that, at least not seriously,” he said.

John Hannah is singing like a bird.:serenade:

Cheney may want to thank Wilma for dousing a possible firestorm heading his way; nevertheless, it appears he is headed for the cannery, a just end for his dirty deeds. But, my wonder today is this: is it not perfect for the Republican’s to get rid of the old guy, as he is certain to be a sure looser in the next presidential election. Replacing him with Condi, while risky, assures the GOP of a better candidate in '08. Terrifying though it sounds, they may yet come out ahead…and lead the democrats in putting the first female into the white house…who da thunk it.

Hillary vs. Condi 2008, sounds mischeviously plausable.

Except Cheney has said that he will not run in 2008 so…

Oh please!

If Cheney resigns then I promise Fred Smith will eat Shroeder’s unwashed bikini briefs.

(win/win, you see… :lol: )

Who cares? Cheney is a Dick, anyway.

Apparently this is a photo of Cheney in uniform on the day that he tried to out a CIA weapons-proliferation expert and destroy the usefulness of all her key sources around the world:

Bet these little outfits are common among the top-level GOP brass within the White House, as they plot to sell out our nation’s intelligence officers.

“Governor Bush and I are also absolutely determined that we will restore a tone of civility and decency to the debate in Washington.”
– Dick Cheney, August 4, 2000

“Fuck yourself.”
– Dick Cheney to Sen. Patrick Leahy, June 22, 2004

:slight_smile:

[quote=“spook”]“Fuck yourself.”
– Dick Cheney to Sen. Patrick Leahy, June 22, 2004
:slight_smile:[/quote]
Just trying to help “Leaky Leahy” plug up a few holes.

When it rains it pours for Dick:

[quote]Vice-President Dick Cheney and a handful of others had hijacked the government’s foreign policy apparatus, deciding in secret to carry out policies that had left the US weaker and more isolated in the world, the top aide to former Secretary of State Colin Powell claimed on Wednesday.

In a scathing attack on the record of President George W. Bush, Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson, chief of staff to Mr Powell until last January, said:

I guess on cabal days they probably also had little matching outfits to wear.

Prove there’s a cabal. Prove Cheney is going to the joint.

What’s a ‘cabal’ anyway?

Cabal comes from the Hebrew root word Cabala, or Kabbalah, depending upon your bent. The Cabala has historically been seen as esoteric, meaning it is under the radar, so to speak…hidden from the eyes of the masses. Therefore, as I understand it, Cabal essentially implies something secretive, hidden from public view, esoteric (in the true sense of the word). Sound’s like the Bushites to me.

So, that’s like what Madonna’s been getting into? I didn’t realize she was a secret Bushian.