Chen's wife's 'suicide' attempt

there really is something wrong with the media…and the chen family

“The report said Chen, saddened by the raid and public criticism of him and his family, complained that it might be a good idea for him to end his life. Wu was so distraught by the scene that she also tried to take her own life by slamming the wheelchair into the wall, the report said.”

Yes, those hi-speed wheelchairs really can do you in if you run one at full-speed into a wall. then again, knowing the driving skill of Taiwanese, i suppose anything is possible.

Well the report did come from Next Magazine which pretty much explains it.

I feel sorry for her. Truly. Very much so.

True, she apparently helped her family to steal lots of money from the citizens of Taiwan and/or to engage in illegal money laundering and other slimy acts, and that’s all really bad and despicable and one should be punished for ones crimes.

But she did get run down in a slimy assasination attempt, and she has been crippled from the waist down since young adulthood (which would really suck), and she looks so sad and pathetic and skinny and unhealthy (who cares about the crappy LV and diamonds), and notwithstanding that her hubby was President her family are such a totally screwed up lot who have progressed from one major scandal, accompanied by all the inquisitions (public, private, prosecutors, courts, media, etc.) after another, with the media harassing them relentlessly for years, and she just seems so damned sad and pathetic (and who wouldn’t be in her position) that I truly pity her. Not empathy – I reserve that for more noble beings – she’s more like a mouse that’s been mauled by a cat and is dragging its bloody, broken carcass jerkily across ones front doorstep, making heart-rending little shrieks of agony and one just wants to bludgeon it with a big stick and throw it in the trash to put it out of its, and our misery.

I don’t mean any offense to her by that and I don’t mean to suggest that a handicapped life is not worth living, but HER life looks truly awful.

Was pretty good while it lasted, though, I’ll bet. Plus she’ll be off with hubby living the high life of an impossibly wealthy exile before too long.
Was it really an assassination attempt, by the way?

[quote=“sandman”]Was pretty good while it lasted, though, I’ll bet. Plus she’ll be off with hubby living the high life of an impossibly wealthy exile before too long.
Was it really an assassination attempt, by the way?[/quote]

does it count as assassination?..at the time a-bian was only running for a county magistrate position…so attempted murder of the wife of a (failed) county magistrate candidate prolly doesn’t count as assassination…but i may be wrong.

[quote=“the bear”][quote=“sandman”]Was pretty good while it lasted, though, I’ll bet. Plus she’ll be off with hubby living the high life of an impossibly wealthy exile before too long.

does it count as assassination?..at the time a-bian was only running for a county magistrate position…so attempted murder of the wife of a (failed) county magistrate candidate prolly doesn’t count as assassination…but i may be wrong.[/quote]

If I’m not mistaken it happened after he had already lost the election.

[quote=“Poagao”][quote=“the bear”][quote=“sandman”]Was pretty good while it lasted, though, I’ll bet. Plus she’ll be off with hubby living the high life of an impossibly wealthy exile before too long.

does it count as assassination?..at the time a-bian was only running for a county magistrate position…so attempted murder of the wife of a (failed) county magistrate candidate prolly doesn’t count as assassination…but i may be wrong.[/quote]

If I’m not mistaken it happened after he had already lost the election.[/quote]

quite right they were touring the district thanking people for their votes when it happened…

well, we still have to hear some more things coming out. TVBS said that CSB had his finger on Lehman brothers also, so I guess we are finding every day a new depth for them to reach…

Amazingly, nobody connected the powder milk scandal to CSB son-in-law…

Probably, but she’ll still be a pathetic wretch. Would you rather be:

A. a shriveled up, crippled, fucked up, morally deficient, guilty as hell, publicly shamed, on the run, and even shat upon by ones own family Chen Taitai, sitting in some marble-lined apartment somewhere with the Chen family, in a wheelchair, wearing Gucci, Prada, diamonds and a colostomy bag, reliant on assistants for the most ordinary tasks, or

B. an average shmoe, working hard for a living, but then hiking, biking, swimming or skiing, sailing or golfing, whatever suits you, playing on the beach, getting together with regular, decent people, browsing bookstores or hitting the bars, all on ones own two feet, coming and going as one chooses, without needing assistance, without having cameras shoved in ones face and without suffering guilt over being such a fucked up liar and thief.

I don’t know about you, but I choose B. Would you give up everything, including the use of your legs, for a few million dollars of marble and gucci and a big black car?

Come on, are you asking Taiwanese or pseudo-Taiwanese to think? This is not something they are used to. If it is in the newspaper, or if Chou Yi said it, it is the whole truth…

Erm, I’m pretty sure she didn’t give up the use of her legs for the moolah, Mother T. :wink:

No, it was an accident. She was hit by a tractor whose brakes failed. If the intention had been to kill her, she would have been hit by a car at night when she was out alone, not in daylight when she was with a bunch of other people to witness the whole thing. It’s called a hit and run, i.e. the driver speeds off after hitting the victim, which is not what happened when Wu Shu-chen was hit.

No, it was an accident. She was hit by a tractor whose brakes failed. If the intention had been to kill her, she would have been hit by a car at night when she was out alone, not in daylight when she was with a bunch of other people to witness the whole thing. It’s called a hit and run, i.e. the driver speeds off after hitting the victim, which is not what happened when Wu Shu-chen was hit.[/quote]

Likewise, if the shooter had intended to kill A-Bian in the 2004 assasination attempt, he would have done it at night, when he was alone, not in broad daylight, in front of countless witnesses, live and on TV. That incident must have involved just random celebratory gunfire.

And I’m sure it was just random coincidence that Lin-I-Hsiung’s twin daughters and their grandmother were murdered when he was in jail in 1980 for participating in pro-democracy demonstrations.

And I’m sure the KMT is correct that Chen Wen-cheng, well-known critic of the KMT and permanent resident of the US, died by suicide one day after being questioned by the police when he was visiting Taiwan in 1981.

As for Chen Taitai. . . .

taiwandc.org/twcom/92-no1.htm

it is normal in an accident that you run over twice someone isn’t it?

Imagine, you go backward, you run over someone then you stop. Then you get really scared and imagine that you will be mauled dead by the people walking around, and you accelerate forward, causing you to run over the person again…

Of course, in the real world, people don’t get run over twice by the same car…

Wasn’t she ran over by a political supporter of her husband?
The whole family is shady. There’s really no defending them at this point.

I thought they were kidding but actually they are very serious.

Yesterday:

Today:

[quote]Chinese Nationalist Party (KMT) Legislator Chiu Yi (邱毅) said yesterday that former president Chen Shui-bian (陳水扁) should lose his bodyguards, but the proposal was quickly attacked across party lines.

Chiu said he would propose an amendment to the Statute Governing Preferential Treatment to Retired Presidents and Vice Presidents (卸任總統副總統禮遇條例) to remove bodyguards from a retired president or vice president who is under investigation for corruption and other major crimes, he said.

“This bill is targeted at Chen Shui-bian,” he said.

By law, former presidents are eligible for a protection service of eight to 12 bodyguards.

Chiu said he decided to pursue the amendment after one of Chen’s guards complained about having to protect the former president.
[/quote]
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2008/09/23/2003423980

On the news, a couple of days ago, they kept showing a 3D representation of Chen’s apartment. They have published their schedules, even their grandkids schedules and pics.

One thing is justice, another intimidation. It would be a lot easier to bring them to justice for corruption if such strong arm tactics did not scare off witnesses and potential allies.

Chiu Yi is a frighteningly nasty person - the sort who’d have been perfectly in his element victimizing others, the more helpless the better, in the Cultural Revolution. Taiwanese politics would be a great deal healthier without him or his ilk using it as an outlet for their poisonous spew day in and day out.

Couldn’t agree more.

And yet as the KMT “attack dog” he is given an at-large legislator seat. Can anyone inform me whether there is a reason for those at-large seats other than for the parties to reward loyal but otherwise unpleasant/unelectable scrotes like Chiu Yi?

It seems that on this issue even most of his own party are giving him a wide berth though.

well, mange is very catching, you know.