Child beaten to death by father

Hmmm, I don’t think so. I mean, you are the master of the actions, IE if I got taunted like that, odds would be that I would not throw the baby into a pot of boiling water - I kid you not. Neither would most of you, be you drunk or sober or whatever.

“XXXX made me do it” is not a legal defense, unless your life is directly at risk by not doing it, and then it would still be hard to defend IMHO.[/quote]

The problem I see with the mother is she knows he’s an abusive person (not the first time he was abusive) and she still chose to have her children in that situation. Parents are responsible for keeping their children out of dangerous situations. She’s not fit to be a parent in my book and she should be charged with something. Whether she’s getting charged with the correct crime or not is something I don’t really know. Whether there is a law that she can be charged with or not is something I don’t know.

The mother could be a victim too, you know, caught in the circle of abuse.

I fell over this excellent piece the other day, it explains what’s going on.

community.com.tw/domestic_violence.php

The kid was basically a stand-in for her mother.

You know, whatever you read, it’s mind numbing to know there’s always worse.

[quote]Granddaughter sacrificed for good harvest
April 28, 2009 - 11:13AM
A 10-year-old Indian girl was beheaded by her grandfather, who believed that sowing seeds mixed with her blood would yield a bumper crop.

The killing, spurred by age-old superstitions, took place on Sunday in the tribal region of Sambalpur, 450 kilometres west of Bhubaneshwar, the capital of Orissa state, the IANS news agency reported.

The barbaric crime was detected after the villagers caught the man, Rajesh Hembram, and handed him over to the police.

Hembram, who owned 1.2 hectares of farmland, planned to sow seeds mixed with the blood of his granddaughter on Monday on Akshaya Tritya, a day considered auspicious by Hindus, police said.

“He cut off his granddaughter Bernaka Kandulana’s head with an axe in a room when nobody was at home and drained her blood into a pot,” P.C. Nayak, a police inspector said.

“We found some seeds in a steel pot that were mixed with blood,” he said. Police said the man was arrested and had admitted his crime.

India has a centuries-old tradition of human sacrifices to appease deities, gain prosperity or ward off evil. Some cases are still reported around the country.

In recent years, parents in Orissa sacrificed their two sons on advice of an occult practitioner that it would please the gods and bring them prosperity.

Cases of such sacrifices have also been reported from other states such as Uttar Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir. [/quote]

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]You know, whatever you read, it’s mind numbing to know there’s always worse.
[/quote]

The decisions grandparents face these days. “Good crop…granddaughter…???”

UNbelievable in this day and age to still come across human sacrifice.

And in the US, an ignorant 20 year old was pissed off at his 18 year old GF, so he kidnapped her 4 month old baby, drove out on the freeway and threw it out on the road, killing it of course.

cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/05/flo … topstories

Nothing particularly Taiwanese about crazy child abuse. There are crazy people everywhere who do such things.

Hell, did you read about the wedding party murder in Turkey? Feud between two families results in murder of 40 people at a wedding. :loco:

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]And in the US, an ignorant 20 year old was pissed off at his 18 year old GF, so he kidnapped her 4 month old baby, drove out on the freeway and threw it out on the road, killing it of course.

CNN.com/2009/CRIME/05/05/flo … topstories

Nothing particularly Taiwanese about crazy child abuse. There are crazy people everywhere who do such things.

Hell, did you read about the wedding party murder in Turkey? Feud between two families results in murder of 40 people at a wedding. :loco:[/quote]

Amazing cruelty. There was another case where a person threw several children off a bridge. He was a father to at least one of them if memory serves. Very cruel. At least he got the death penalty.

Let’s not forget about cannibalism.

[quote]A city official in the remote Brazilian Amazon village of Envira told CNN that five members of the Kulina tribe are on the run after being accused of murdering, butchering and eating a farmer in a ritual act of cannibalism.

The village’s chief of staff, Maronilton da Silva Clementino, said Kulina tribesmen took the life of Ocelio Alves de Carvalho, 19, last week on the outskirts of Envira, which is in the far western part of Brazil that bumps up against Peru.

Portal Amazonia newspaper reported that the Indians escaped after being held for a few hours in the city’s police station.

No arrest warrants were issued. Brazilian law does not allow the military or civil police to enter Indian lands, Portal Amazonia reported.

It is still unknown how many people took part in the alleged cannibalistic ritual, although several Indians have fled into the jungle fearing prosecution, the newspaper Diario do Amazonas reported.

Clementino said the victim was herding cattle when he met with a group of Indians who invited him back to their village.

[b]“They knew each other and they sometimes helped one another. They invited him to their reservation three days ago and he was never seen again,” Clementino said.

“The family decided to go into the reservation and that’s when they saw his body quartered and his skull hanging on a tree. It was very tragic for the family,” he said.

The news of the incident came from the Indians themselves, who apparently bragged about eating the man’s organs, Clementino said.[/b]

Members of the tribe told residents of Envira – where 190 Kulina families brush shoulders with non-tribal Brazilians – that they held a cannibalistic ritual in which they cooked the victim’s organs, Clementino said.

He said Kulina Indians began surrounding the police station where the suspects were briefly interrogated.

[b][b]Villagers told authorities they are incensed by the lack of response from FUNAI, Brazil’s National Indian Foundation.

“The family is very frustrated with the law here, which protects the Indians and doesn’t help protect us,” he said. “They start drinking and local farmers here are afraid who could be next.”[/b][/b]

Clementino said groups Indians – often outnumbering police – pose a security threat to locals.

He said the man’s family are upset that authorities did not arrive until three days later. But a FUNAI official told the newspaper Voz do Acre that access to Envira is very difficult, requiring long boat or helicopter rides.[/quote]

At least in India the authorities arrested the guy.

[quote=“Icon”]I like the law here though, that penalties increase 50% at least if a child is involved.

Back home, this kind of criminals are welcomed appropiately by their fellow immates… if you know what I mean.

.[/quote]

Not so muhc nowadays they are put into isolation wards and in a cell 23 hours a day. Costs a lot to keep them in prison.

Bullet to the head might be a better option.