Child Custody

My wife and I are having issues:

We are considering mutual consent on divorce, problem is that she will end up using my son as a pawn for vengeance and/or money.

What should I do, she is unable to take care of him on her own. Her family is a mess, she was sued by her own mother.

She holds a grudge like nobody’s business, I want to be able to have an amicable relationship, yet I fear how she will use my son as a bargaining piece.

Any advice?

Your child can make a mutual divorce hard to achieve.
You should aim for full custody. You can grant your wife visitation rights.
Otherwise your child will constantly become a bargaining chip for her to get more money.
If you have shared custody your wife can take away the child and the police won’t do anything. You will waste years fighting her in court.

I hardly believe she will agree on that. This means you have to go to court over this.

4 Likes

Get a lawyer. If money is an issue, visit legal aid foundation or government hall.

If the child is old enough, he could say something to be considered.

7 Likes

Any idea how much a lawyer will cost?

Thank you, he is young barely 5.

Through legal aid, I feel she will win.

Do not sign anything until you get custody. Once documents are signed, everything is lost. The law here is not like the West. That is your first warning.

First of all, get your personal documents out of the house and into a bank safe (under a friend´s name) or somewhere safe your wife has no access. That means your passport, your sons´s passport and birth documents, bank books and cards. Do it yesterday.

Please remember you have the law against you as a foreigner. Your wife can entrap you to divorce not by mutual consent, meaning accuse you of hitting her, of insulting her/disrespecting her privacy or even being unfaithful. So watch your back and double think everything. If you need so, place a nanny cam.

Collect proof of all payments made under your name, tax records, etc. assemble witnesses of character. Save money for the fight. You can win this, you need to win this for your son, but it will take everything.

Do not lose your temper. Get your friends together, draw on a support system, you will need it. If you drink, stop, and save money. When you choose a lawyer, be careful.

6 Likes

thank you

1 Like