Child support if unmarried under Taiwanese law

Does Taiwan even have child support? I know a couple Taiwanese and their husbands left them and they never received any child support.

I don’t know if this is true, but when you have a baby and go to register the birth, if the dad doesn’t sign the paper then the kid is technically fatherless and not the dad’s responsibility. At least, that is how my wife explained it when her friend wasn’t going to put down the dad’s name on the registration form.

Nearly every response to the OP question is like just making a joke.

Shouldn’t they all be deleted or move to another area?

So hopefully can get some helpful answers to a serious question.

3 Likes

I guess most people here aren’t interested in helping OP shrugg off his responsibilities to the girl he just knocked up and doesn’t plan to support

6 Likes

He said that is not the situation.

1 Like

Only if the child is born out of wedlock. I think this is fair. My country punishes fathers and men, married or not.

He also said a friend wanted to dump an employee he was shagging .

4 Likes

It’s an anonymous forum, no reason to doubt

1 Like

He didn’t even try very hard or long to maintain that version of the story.

2 Likes

Yes, Bob can be forced to pay child support if a DNA test proves that the child is his. I doubt that it will be half of Bob’s income though.

2 Likes

hypothetical “Bob” is doing the calculation now

1 Like

I’m actually catholic and don’t believe in sex before marriage, but the thought has come up. Now that I know the consequences I think I’ll just stick to holding hands.

5 Likes

Make a deposit(s) in three sperm banks and get a vasectomy.

2 Likes

Seriously, can somebody help Bob by answering the question? I think the question is valid. It sounds like Bob wants to pay support, but perhaps not half his income.

My understanding is that if a couple is not married only the woman’s name will ever end up on the birth certificate. So legally what situation might Bob find himself in?

I am not a legal expert, but I would recommend to Bob that he request to be allowed to adopt the child and gain 50% custody over the child (even if not living together) in return for any financial support. That assumes Bob even wants any say over or visitation with the child.

2 Likes

I don’t think Palm-ala will be looking for child support.

1 Like

I think the reason there is no useful replies is the demographics on this site wouldn’t know about that.

The kind of foreigners that would be on the next plane toot sweet wouldn’t post about it on Forumosa, they’d be hoping she doesn’t track them down back home and quickly changing their contact info.

4 Likes

… and found out that wearing a condom is cheaper.

Not sure about the birth certificate from the hospital, but when you go to register the birth at the HHR office, the dad can be written down even if you are not married.

It’s very unlikely that Mira would get half his mo that earnings and she would have no claim to any of Bob’s preexisting assets.

I know a female that did do something like this. Got pregnant and had the kid. She’s asked for nothing. She wanted the kid. He didn’t. He’s also fairly well off. His family tried to push their way into the whole thing but she ignored them and the kid seems quite happy. Sometimes he sees his kid but the kid doesn’t know he’s their father.

1 Like

He worries condom does not work for him then No sexual activity or castration (not sure if any side effects) then he can spend time on other hobbies like making money.

1 Like

Taiwanese condoms have an exceptional fail rate. I tried some Japanese condoms once. It was the family pack. I broke every single one. Was quite embarrassing going to the clinic at Ximen and seeing this being explained over and over again.

2 Likes