Chili Burgers and/or Chili Fries?

I haven’t seena thread on this, so I’m gonna ask. Forgive me if it has been brought up before.

Is there anywhere in the Taipei or Tao Yuan area to get some decent chili fries or chili burgers? I have had a huge craving for these lately. Anyone?

You can get a chili burger and a chili dog at the Mos Burgers chain. Its not very spicy but not half bad compared with McD/Burger King. They’ll put pickled jalapenos on if you want 'em hotter.

[quote=“SteveZeAuthor”]I haven’t seena thread on this, so I’m gonna ask. Forgive me if it has been brought up before.

Is there anywhere in the Taipei or Tao Yuan area to get some decent chili fries or chili burgers? I have had a huge craving for these lately. Anyone?[/quote]

think you can at mary’s hamburgers in tienmu. food there is not expensive and not bad. i will check next time i’m in there.

I’ve only been to Mary’s one time, and that was about six or seven years ago, but when I went there were so many uninvited guests (of the six legged variety) that I have never even considered going back.

How do you know they were not invited? :laughing:

I go to Dan Ryan’s at Nanking & Dunhua strictly for the chili burgers. I like the atmosphere and service too but the burgers are good and really about the only thing on the menu I return for. Years ago they had a phobia about not cooking them long enough and would never give me them medium but only well done but they have moved on past this now and will give them to you as requested. Their fries are great too, I always order them crispy. Chili fries are not on the menu but just tell them what you want or ask for some extra chili on the side, they have given me extra in the past. By the way, if you go in the evening burgers are not on the dinner menu but just ask for the sandwich menu or tell them you want a chili burger. They have Grey Poupon mustard too but sometimes you have to ask them to produce it from the kitchen. About NT$250 and well worth it. Good draft beer and wine and sports on the tube too.

MOS Burger’s wienies are wierd. They are long, thin, curved, and thick skinned. I don’t care for them at all.

There’s a new MosBurger here in Nankan, on the way to Tai Mall from Tauyoan city. Haven’t tried it yet, will let you know!

[quote]MOS Burger’s wienies are wierd. They are long, thin, curved, and thick skinned. I don’t care for them at all.
[/quote]
Like is attracted to like.
I think they’re pretty good for a fast-food joint.

Are you trying to tell us that your weiner is long, thin, curved, and thick-skinned too? :wink:

chili’s or tgif. :slight_smile:

Bar 45, 2F 45 Heping East Rd, Section 1, Taipei - 100metres from the Guting MRT stop.

Bowl of chili, with miscellaneous rabbit food and (not very good) garlic bread, cheese on top, and a side of fries sets you back a massive 220NT. It’s a fair size feed, and moderately spicey. Better than Mos anyway.

Went to MOS last week and was not impressed at all. I guess if you’re really jonsing for Western food, give it a go. Although, if you have the money Dave and Busters is GREAT (in Tai Mall).

The best Chilli in Taiwan is made here at my place by my gf. She does it proper, no tasting before the 6 hour mark. We (she) usually makes a huge batch that makes bowls of chilli, chilli buritos, chilli on spaghetti (you get the idea, lasts for maybe 3 days)!!!

As good as this one?

[quote=“the great zefrank”]

my chili recipe:

there’s a bit of playing around you’ll have to do with the recipe depending on how many people you are cooking for…

I’m not much for measuring things but here’s a very rough idea:

finely chop 2 carrots and 2 onions and 2-3 cloves of garlic -

in a large pot saut

As good as this one?

[quote=“the great zefrank”]

my chili recipe:

there’s a bit of playing around you’ll have to do with the recipe depending on how many people you are cooking for…

I’m not much for measuring things but here’s a very rough idea:

finely chop 2 carrots and 2 onions and 2-3 cloves of garlic -

in a large pot saut

Gusto Hotdog also does excellent chili cheese fries and dogs.
The fries come layered in chili, cheese, and jalapenos.
They give extra jalapenos at no cost if you ask for them. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a Texas chili kind of guy, so ZeFrank’s recipe is bordering on blasphemy to me. Delicious (apart from the store-bought pasta sauce – WTF???), but not chili. All this nonsense about beans and tomatoes!
REAL chili has just five ingredients – meat, onions, garlic, chiles and oregano. That’s it.