Chillaxing @Lotus Hill 7/9 @ 2:00 - Drinks & Swimming

Go with the Brazilian this time.

[quote=“jimipresley”]I’m up for a pool party as long as:

1. It’s at night
  2. I can sit in the shade
  3. I don’t have to take any of my clothes off
  4. I don’t have to swim (including involuntarily)
  5. The air conditioner is set at 18C
  6. The fridge walks to me, rather than vice versa (or Almas John can just hurl beers at me)[/quote]

Wow. You have so many requirements.

I up for it but I will not be in Taiwan until the last week of August. :cry:

Ok, so a bit of a bump here. July 9, from two-ish onwards I will be poolside with a cold beer at easy reach. You’re welcome to join me. As I said before, entry is $300 (actually, usually it’s more, but I always buy tickets for guests in bulk, so you can save a little bit of $$) Anyway, the cost of admission is offset by the cheap drinks. There are plenty of shady places, both on the deck and in the pool itself. Beer can be gotten cold and cheap at an on-site convenience store, and food is available at a few small eateries as well. Swim caps are required, but speedos are optional. The best way to get here is to take the MRT to Donghu Station on the new line, and then take a short taxi ride to Lotus Hill. (Shui Lian Shan Zhuang). When you get to security, they’ll want to know who you’re visiting. Tell them you’re meeting me (Anthony van Dyck). My internal extension is 27063 and my cell number is 0935-560-995. Usually they’re pretty good at letting foreigners in without too much hassle.

Who’s coming? Well, me and the wife and kid, and Mr. and Mrs. urodacus. I’m not really expecting that many people to show up because it IS the middle of the week, but if you feel like calling in sick and chillaxing with us, you’re more than welcome!

Go with the Brazilian this time.[/quote]

Can’t I go with you instead?

Will be happy to join you Maoman when I get my little boy back, as soon as I do I plan to rent an apartment out in Lotus Hill.

Lotus Hill pool is pretty nice however your photo is like one of those glossy brochures- nicely Photoshopped :wink: In fact the pool is a bit grotty , with a feel of a public rather than private facility, and the deckchairs need replacing. But can’t complain too much, for Taiwan it’s good. I find it very funny though that most people don’t use the facilities that these housing complexes and hotels lay on, like pool and gym. I stayed in a complex in Danshui and the gym was nearly always empty, the couple of times I went to Lotus Hill the Club was like a ghost town. People too busy working or eating, or practicing the TW national sport of saving money :slight_smile: Anyway, I am a pretty big swimmer so the more room in the pool the better …

I think you’ll find the national sport of Taiwan is shopping in large department stores with cool air conditioning.

Should I bring some BBQ?

I agree, however this can be combined with saving money, I mean you always get a discount in the department stores right ?

Smiling here thinking about how many other great candidates there are for the TW national sport …

I think you’ll find the national sport of Taiwan is shopping in large department stores with cool air conditioning.[/quote]

So, it looks like it’ll just be the five of us tomorrow. We’ll be thinking of you. :wink:

The first photo was color-adjusted - the bright sunlight made things a little weird, so I fiddled a bit. The second photo is untouched!

Yeah, Lotus Hill is showing a little wear, but I STILL haven’t seen anything within 30 minutes of Fuxing/Nanjing that compares. Actually I haven’t seen anything that compares, period.

I’ll be there. Sans Brazilian. Do I really need a cap?
youtube.com/watch?v=SVJ7outJsyE

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]I’ll be there. Sans Brazilian. Do I really need a cap?
youtube.com/watch?v=SVJ7outJsyE[/quote]
Yes, unless you’re still completely bald. I just shaved my head this morning, and they didn’t say anything when I went into the pool this afternoon. I was all prepared to argue with them, but they must have sensed that and wisely said nothing. :smiley:

Can I buy a cap at your store? I seem to have packed all of ours onto a boat bound for Okinawa for some reason.

You can borrow mine. I’m going sans chapeau d’eau

et sans chapeau de mao.

Thanks. We found another one so we’ll be fine all up.

I am so tired. I don’t know why. I just did a few laps.
Sign me up for the next one.

Me too! I’m beat. And I only had a half dozen beers! But yeah, let’s do it again soon!

umm umm umm.

errgh.

but we won at Carnegie’s trivia, so that’s a consolation.

It was fun. Nice chatting to you guys!

Viet nosh good?

Yeah, it was great. Thanks Maoman. :bravo:

I’m doing it again tomorrow afternoon (Friday). Feel free to join me.