China allows three children in major policy shift

I can see this playing throughout the nation

(1383) Commodores - Three Times A Lady [Live] - YouTube

I agree but that is my opinion, I’m not going to base how other people procreate based on my opinion. That’s not my place, that is what China would do. And this also touches on forcing people to get abortions to comply with such restrictions. It’s fucked up.

2 Likes

And forced sterilisations

2 Likes

Then they will loose ‘legal’ footing on forced sterilization of Uighur women.

1 Like

As expected.

= china bad.

It’s not us people saying china is bad, it’s that china does bad things and we just recognize their incredible effort.

2 Likes

The Economist makes great videos

1 Like

Just like a billionaire still wants to keep earning more.

???- China doesn’t want to have more kids for the sake of population increase. It wants to shore up the population pyramid in the next generation.
GDP per capita-
China- $10,000
US- $65,000
Who’s the billionaire who wants more?

1 Like

If people didn’t even want to have one kid in the first place, changing the law to say you can have 3 also won’t work. Maybe the next step is mandating that people have 3 kids each.

Overpopulation.

1 Like

Even if that were a non-phony concern, putting an upper bound on each individual family is still stupid because some families can make up for others having one or none.

Because they can’t just come out and admit they were wrong.

Thank goodness China has never had problems with supplying its population and providing for them before…not even one example, they have always NAILED it! Or them. Or something…

This kind of drastic shift in policy not only likely makes a lot more citizens there question the competency of government, it’s also one more indicator of China being well over its head now in its rush for power.

China as an economic power has grown too quickly without considering the potential fallout, made worse by Xi’s personal quest for power and notoriety.

Now they’re more in a situation where instead of boiling the frog at a ‘good’ pace for them, (where externally other nations are asleep at the wheel to their influence and internally citizens are mostly completely unquestioning), they have to make more volatile choices.

That’s why they need to ‘retire’ people like Jack Ma, and go full authoritarian with surveillance, with people getting arrested for quoting historical Chinese poems. The fear is real that they’re going to lose control.

And they know fully well that such a drastic shift in policy on the child front is something that makes it worse for them. It’s actually a huge difference going from 1-2 from 1-3, because it’s an admission they really, really effed up in their planning for the country. But they still have no choice but to announce it.

Which says a ton, I think, about how they’ve lost/are losing control over the masterplan.