China lost control over a rocket delivering a section of the Tiangong space station

I just wanted to type something here to make it the trifecta of shotty english onlin e :slight_smile:

2 Likes

tank you

To me it means things are not going that smoothly in China, and all this is a show for internal propaganda.

3 Likes

It’s about a month too early for that.

My understanding is that this is a habit for China. They constantly just blow shit up in space without collaborating with other space agencies and have been criticized for dangerously contributing to space junk without care.

2 Likes

We’re probably going to have to vaporize all that crap someday.

The CCP? Agreed…

1 Like

Still, nobody knows for sure where the rocket stage will land. If I had to bet, I would say repeat of last year’s out-of-control rocket, landing off the coast of Western Africa, maybe a triangle between Cape Verde, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, and Mauritania.

1 Like

My hope is an island china has stolen and built military basses on. That would be amazingly ironic.

3 Likes

Hitting a section of the Great Wall would be fantastic.

3 Likes

Nah, then the Mingolians would have to pay for it (with their daughters or organs)

1 Like

How are the mighty fallen …

3 Likes

Since it’s not entering the atmosphere at the correct angle and ‘skipping’, I guess it’s a bit like predicting where a roulette wheel is going to stop.

Not just where, but also when. Sounds like fun.

Except everyone loses, and nobody goes home with $50,000 in their pocket, three cheap hookers, and a bag of Colombian marching powder.

1 Like

Predict when 2021-035B will impact Earth

• Before May 15
  • May 16
  • May 17
  • May 18
  • May 19
  • May 20
  • May 21
  • May 22
  • May 23
  • May 24
  • May 25
  • May 26
  • May 27
  • May 28
  • May 29
  • May 30
  • May 31
  • June and beyond

0 voters

Well, there’s a 70% chance it ends up in the ocean… so it might not be too bad.

Predict where 2021-035B will impact after re-entry

• the Pacific
  • the Atlantic
  • Indian ocean
  • Somewhere in China
  • Somewhere in the US
  • Somewhere in Europe
  • Taiwan
  • Somewhere in Asia sans China and Taiwan
  • Somewhere in the Americas sans the US
  • Somewhere in Africa
  • Somewhere in Australia/New Zealand/Pacific islands

0 voters

Both polls end May 15 or when 2021-035B crashes, whichever comes first. Make your prediction before that.

Colombian

1 Like