China map lays claim to the Americas

Claiming Taiwan, why not America, too? :laughing: (just kidding)

China map lays claim to the Americas
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4609074.stm

The map could be a fraud. Yet, a basic understanding of Chinese history (what has been lost) would make it a not-so-impossible item.

One might reasonably expect that if the Chinese had spent enough time bobbing around the coasts of North America to draw a map that they would have made land fall frequently enough to have left some trace of their prescence. Perhaps a hello kitty outlet or something.

Won’t be long till they start asking for a tribute…

Haha, what a fraud. I can’t believe this piece of junk gets coverage on BBC.

Note how accurate the Eastern coast line of Latin America is, complete with Yucatan and everything. Boy, this Chinese general really sailed around a fair bit back then, eh? Soon Chinese historians will tell the world, that China single-handedly discovered all of America and took the Magelan route centuries before the Europeans. Oh the Glory!!!

It’s complete bullshit, but it sells books.

[quote=“t.ukyo”]Haha, what a fraud. I can’t believe this piece of junk gets coverage on BBC.

Note how accurate the Eastern coast line of Latin America is, complete with Yucatan and everything. Boy, this Chinese general really sailed around a fair bit back then, eh? Soon Chinese historians will tell the world, that China single-handedly discovered all of America and took the Magelan route centuries before the Europeans. Oh the Glory!!![/quote]

probably he did … sail from the east, than surrounded the southern cape to reach the west and australia … but they never got to Belgium or England.

Whatever rocks your boat.

I like the fact that the map shows the world as round - traditional chinese thinking on this matter had it as flat until around 1850 or so. In other words, that map has fraud written all over it.

Gavin Menzies is a guy I would like to have a few pints with - however I would never buy his fanciful claims.

I, for one, welcome our new oriental overlords.

Taiwanese pride my friend. :smiley:

Hmmmm…
I love history and I love anthropology…
I think you may find this a bit interesting:

trussel.com/prehist/news115.htm

I find it very plausable that land migration was not the only way the Americas were discovered.

Something to ponder on.

Also, my first highschool GF was Chumash Indian:

oceansonline.com/chumash.htm

And last but not least, our frinds at the BBC:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3517229.stm

I like how the polar regions as well as the Russian Far North is all mapped out! lol.

I think, from my limited knowledge of Chinese cartography, real Chinese maps exaggerated the size of China…

Look at the west coast of North America on the chinese map!

If an earthquake large enough ever hits there…perhaps it is a look into the future of California! haha…it is split from the rest of North America…run californians! run for your lives!!! (or should I say swim!) haha :laughing: