China Pledges Aid to Help Taiwan Weather Financial Crisis

[quote]http://goldsea.com/812/21taiwan.html

“If the worsening world economic situation continues and the Taiwan side asks for help to solve economic difficulties, the mainland is willing to offer assistance with utmost efforts,” said Jia Qinglin, the fourth-most-powerful person in the Communist Party of China, according to the official Xinhua News Agency. [/quote]
Canada wants to bail out US auto companies. Now PRC wants to bail out Taiwan.

If TI supporters believe USA and Japan love Taiwan so much, why not petition for Taiwan to recieve a matching financial package as well?

Gotta love global dollar diplomacy when Taiwan is on the recieving end after 5 decades…about time.

[quote=“ac_dropout”][quote]http://goldsea.com/812/21taiwan.html

“If the worsening world economic situation continues and the Taiwan side asks for help to solve economic difficulties, the mainland is willing to offer assistance with utmost efforts,” said Jia Qinglin, the fourth-most-powerful person in the Communist Party of China, according to the official Xinhua News Agency. [/quote]
Canada wants to bail out US auto companies. Now PRC wants to bail out Taiwan.

If TI supporters believe USA and Japan love Taiwan so much, why not petition for Taiwan to recieve a matching financial package as well?

Gotta love global dollar diplomacy when Taiwan is on the recieving end after 5 decades…about time.[/quote]

The Chinese should stick with their cash, after all, Taiwan is weathering this crisis better than they are.

How much do we each get?

Don’t know how it breaks down to individuals in Taiwan, since there are no specifics.

However, just read a report that the PRC is setting aside 19bln in bank loan for ROC companies on the mainland.

I’m wondering if the USA will match that for ROC companies in the USA? :laughing:

Dollar diplomacy at work, how could an ROC businessperson operating on the mainland refuse?

Here are more details:

China, Taiwan Agree to Bolster Financial Ties, Foster Rapport

Given last months surprise results, Chinese gov. authorities may find themselves a bit occupied.

Good PR though…I guess…

they also said they will buy $2 billion worth of LCD panels from Taiwanese manufacturers, although I don’t really know what they are going to do with them, cause the current stock surplus in China is huge, to say the least. With 32" TV’s going down at manufacture as low as 230USD, being that the BOM is at about 100USD, it makes me wonder what kind of deals they penned over there - the current contract price for the 32" panel is at 160USD, according to Witsview.com.

I still wonder how SVA received these news…

I just hope this won’t be another banana deal…

And that’s all I have to say about that.

When I saw this, I laughed. Now, I am writing a
chupamedias
article about this. Sigh

Friggin’ crisis.

EDIT:
Though it does have a couple of good points in it. We’re all in the same boat.

[quote=“Maoman”]

And that’s all I have to say about that.[/quote]

Gee, let’s change the horse to a panda and it will be just about right.

That is really paranoid.

Well there is really only one way to stop this. F.com member please petition your countries of origin to match PRC 19bln bank loan offer. They don’t even have to lend the money, just make a public statement pledging they are willing to lend the money would be enough.

Money talks, BS walks… :laughing:

Actually, I have mixed feelings about this issue.

On one hand, I think Chinese people work too hard and suffer enough under the boot to have their money employed to subsidize a new Rolls or a second swimming pool for some wanna be dictator in Africa or/and Latin America. The same courtesy -cheap loans from CDB- extended to some Taiwanese enterprises that are so uncompetitive they can hardly beat the rest in price and must keep low costs at all expense leaves me with mixed feelings.

I understand that these enterprises provide work for people in the Mainland. I also understand that the $$$ they make are vital to their economy. However, I see that the Chinese are more aware of the fact that only through improving their competitiveness can they overcome the crisis. That they are looking for alliances and faster delivery times and other improvements says a lot of their goals. I am not so sure I’d like to see a Taiwanese businessman taking a loan, screwing everything up and then taking off -as some did here.

I also know that this is not the overwhelming case, and that there are good, competitive enterprises that have made the move because their upstream/downstream providers have also done so, and that they are also strapped for cash and would welcome any loan. However, I am sure they can get their money anywhere they ask -though if they get preferential treatment, that’ll be a bonus.

Let’s face it, AC’s right for once. In times like this, it is the nations with the $$ that people go running to and the PRC knows this. They’ve waited for this moment for decades and now Taiwan is going running to them. The US is too weak to intervene, even if it wanted to, so it is more than just a couple of Pandas on their way to this little island. Get ready for the Special Representative Zone Leader Ma to explain all in a few years time. I don’t blame Ma and I don’t blame the KMT. I’m not a mad Green who thinks that Independence is more important than survival. I just find it very sad that the idiocy of the West, their politicians and especially their bankers/business leaders over the last 10-20 years has led to the rise of a very powerful PRC whilst the CCP is still in charge. Absolute madness for which we will all pay in the end.