China pressures Mauritius hotel into canceling cultural celebration of Hakka cuisine

So tired of the china harassment.

It’s so ridiculous. Honestly sometimes I wish they just come and try to take the island, all of this talk of military use and constant little petty things they do is just draining. They just wanted to make some fucking Hakka food. Leave it to the CCP to get their panties up in a bunch like 1 Tibetan flag in a low tier football league in Germany that made they fly their entire national team home.

3 Likes

Paranoid bullies. Just pathetic.

I’m just amazed they even noticed. I mean bloody Mauritius. Most people barely even know where the place is, nevermind what some random hotel might or might not be serving.

The CCP must have an army of low-level spies in every spot in the globe. It’s only a matter of time before they notice the crappy little snack shop in my flyblown part-time home, which has “MIT” and traditional Chinese characters on the sign. I’d better warn them to expect red-starred thugs to come bashing down the door at 3am warning them that The Party Does Not Approve.

Would that be…

A) place of manufacture?
B) American university?
C) Mel Brooks film?

:ponder:

Made in Tijuana?

when are people going to realise you don’t have to do everything everything the whining little CCP shits ask you to do? giving in to chinas bitchy demands is the worst thing you could do, its making the monster even worse.

1 Like

The Hakka Affairs Council said they would rather call off the event than remove the flag and the name “Republic of China” from the promotional materials. So the cancellation of the event was a protest?! Seems more like capitulation to me.

http://englishnews.ftv.com.tw/read.aspx?sno=C4B73BF89CC2F33F675088AAE1BAA8A5

1 Like

I fully get China’s position, they “played nice” with Ma, and in return they got Tsai who won’t go along with the consensus.

So the next best method is to isolate taiwan. It’s genius though, make it so unpleasant or impossible to conduct business or do any government international activities.
Losing any goodwill of Taiwan means nothing as the people had no goodwill to begin with.

I think it refers to the boss. He’s Amis. The Amis tribe I mean, not Martin Amis. That would be weird.

1 Like