China reports first human case of H10N3 bird flu

Don’t know if I should worry or not?

1 Like

At least with flu strains, we already have the technology and infrastructure to formulate and distribute vaccines quickly. That’s how we defeated H5N1 and H1N1.

In the meantime, the masking and social distancing we’re doing now should mitigate it; after all, last year the seasonal flu barely made a peep thanks to our anti-Covid measures.

Moreover, it seems like the fellow who was infected is near recovery and is due to be discharged from the hospital.

3 Likes

Oh hell no.

2 Likes

Wake me up when something new happens.

Always China.

4 Likes

Somewhat related

6 Likes

Calm down.

Chinese health authorities say it’s no big deal and the WHO hasn’t even commented yet.

8 Likes

Tunnel digging commences tomorrow morn.

Pretty typical in China. They have outbreaks every year with so many different types of diseases.

I would not get worked up about it.

That’s pretty much how the first dozen replies to @Icon ’s original December 2019 “mystery pneumonia in China” thread went… and then, well…

4 Likes

BAM! If the WHO does a “nothing to worry about, China numbah won” campaign, we should all stockpile supplies, yesterday.

1 Like

Tedros is already drafting a press release about how “Taiwan, which is definitely not a country, is so mean to me… they are bullies! Ask my new deputy, John Cena. Also, there’s no proof of human to human transmission with this new virus. And there’s no such things as virus labs here… or viruses. Never mind. What’s a virus? Go Beijing 2022!!!”

4 Likes