China sending planes and doing retarded things again? (October 2021 edition)

And so, sending troops to look in your kitchen window is really just fine, nothing to see here? Because normal countries do that, right? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Nice metaphor :grin:

Many people reading the news will think Chinese airforce was overflying Taiwan. But I don’t think that is what happened.

1 Like

I understand your point but it’s not like China is hiding their intentions here. Nor is Taiwan and the US/Japan/Australia anymore.

It’s not a game anymore. This is preparation for war. Whether China really goes further with this is another question.

4 Likes

I don’t think we need to play the semantics game though really? There is not much confusion about what is happening and why

1 Like

I’d really like to think it isn’t , but I also see your point

There’s a thread about that:

2 Likes

Obviously yes, but you have to pick your battles too. Saying that Chinese military can’t fly in fujian and international waters comes across as a stretch to me. The air defense zone is I imagine a relic of a previous decade

Read that passage I just posted, Xi is pretty publicly explicit about what he wants. The battle is already on

1 Like

Read it, and yeah it’s geopolitics right. Renegotiation of regional and global powers. Kind of unfortunate for any people who find themselves at the border of that I guess. Being the point of contact is not good news

Except the passage you quoted contains none of Xi’s words. The only quote-
“deindustrialized, English-speaking version of a Latin American republic, specializing in commodities, real estate, tourism, and perhaps transnational tax evasion”-
is from American neocoservative writer Michal Lind.
Xi may have said these thing elsewhere, but it is not in the passage you quoted.

1 Like

But that passage is not from a neoconservative, it’s from Biden’s pick for director of China who is leading China strategy for the US. His main thing is decoding CCP official communications and this is from his summary of Xi speeches.

I don’t know who Michael Lind is, but he didn’t write that

This isn’t fringe wingnut , Alex Jones gay frog commentary, it’s literary the driving force for Washington China policy.

Doesn’t mean you have to agree, but if you want to understand recent actions towards China, it’s the guideline

So America can overfly everyone and bomb away. Bit of a generalization but not 100 miles from reality.

Whereas china should not fly over china :laughing:

You think its hypocritical for the US to criticize others for imperialistic tendencies?

That’s a very common sentiment in China. Some iota of truth to it, but fuck having a global system lead by China

2 Likes

I hear you :laughing:

It would be nice to see a global system lead by a process that isn’t violent. That would be the next level for humanity. Is it possible? Maybe. We have come a long way already

Sure, but the CCP is the fucking devil. And they are out for revenge for history. For all of the US’s problems at least their is a basic belief in fairness and his rights

3 Likes

Got to feed the good wolf. Ignore the bad wolf.

It’s the only way.

Nothing to be gained by conflicting with Chinese people in general. The way to win is to agree with them and then do your own thing. That is China 101?

Feeding the bad wolf leads to pain, I try not to do it

1 Like

Apologies if this has already been posted, but WSJ reported that there has been a small contigentbof US training troops in Taiwan, likely for a year ore more.

This has probably been known by China for a while. The US hasn’t openly acknowledged it, but the response to the media coverage will be interesting.

1 Like

Agree, I’m sure China has plenty of people inside Taiwan keeping an eye on everything.

Known in Taiwan, too.

Maybe they haven’t openly acknowledged it, but who didn’t suspect the AIT castle in Neihu was housing troops? Every other county with “not really diplomatic ties” to Taiwan has one single room in an office building in Xinyi, and then AIT suddenly has a high-security complex within the capital city, but not in the city center? Yeah, nothing to see here. No one suspected anything until that report came out.

2 Likes