China sentences Canadian to death

By the way when is Canada going to hand over Meng to the US?

First result from Google from Australia;

2 Likes

Not just one but three, he sounds like a serial drug pusher.

I wonder if they counted British East India Company soliders as actual “Troops”. Maybe if those were counted the figure would be different. Similar to how modern armies employ Mercenaries in foreign wars that dont make the news. Black Water had the 2nd largest Standing Army in Iraq

in Taiwan, a court appealed by defendants can increase the sentence if the original court applied wrong laws.

Though, the court in this drug case isn’t an appeal court, but a retrial, right? I read somewhere that the prosecutor also appealed.

Taiwan is the same as far as I know.
New trial, new sentence , so you take your chances. Zain Dean appealed and found that out

1 Like

Actually new information came to light about synthetic drugs. It does look like China is now making laws that prevent new synthetics where they just change the chemical structures just a bit for the laws to not be able to catch up. Whether they will actually enforce these laws is another story.

The concern seems to be they used to turn a blind eye as long as they flow out of China but obviously this is no longer the case where some do end up being sold in China.

Appeals his 15 year sentence and gets death because the Chinese cannot be as corrupt internationally
as they are domestically without running afoul of international law.

So, they imprison people without legal aid or reason (other than vague ones) and they murder a foreign national.

In their defense the people they imprisoned are whites from the white anglo parts of the world who always step on the poor hapless Han Chinese.

What a load of fucking shit.

Americans and Brits traditionally spoke up against shit like this but everyone is too busy building fences and cutting ties.

It seems Canada is the only country calling out Xi, Maduro, MBS and all the other crooked cunts on the planet while Orangemanbad opts for photo ops and cheers them on, and Maggie light over there in Miserablecuntsland keeps pushing the Brexit no one longer desires, except the brown hating Tommy Robbo set.

Shit world. And we’ve put it in the hands of the handsome virtue signaller from the North.

“I am in politics because of the conflict between good and evil, and I believe that in the end good will triumph.” - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsqW9Wm7bxE

Seriously?
He made the choice to do something that is punishable by death.

Give me a break.
Canada should thank them for taking out their trash.

1 Like

they already sentenced him to 15 years, now, because of complete and utter petulance, they have decided to kill him because they are bigger than Canada and they will show those snow monkeys who the new king shit of turd mountain is.

Thinking anything otherwise is sadly dismissive.

1 Like

You might be right, or given the timing lets say probably right or even almost certainly right.

However, countries like Taiwan and China tend to increase sentences if they are appealed. Kow towing and begging forgiveness is rewarded, pleading not guilty will get you a tougher sentence. You can check the Zain Dean case here in Taiwan, if I recall correctly it was originally 6 months and then went up to 2 years on appeal.

That’s a bit of a Catch 22 if you’re genuinely innocent.

Here is the situation, because like so many other things in this yin-yang world, people dwell on their bit of the argument.

Meng Wanzhou is meandering between her Vancouver homes, talking with lawyers, going about things as she is awaiting her day in court.

The two Canadian expats in jail are not even allowed legal counsel and have been locked up.
The criminal Canadian has now magically been sentenced to death from a previous other ruling.

The Chinese regime is petulant and arrogant as is their new mantra.

Imagine if Canada fired back and started going through all the dirty shit the Chinese do in Canada?
-tour groups to have babies
-dodgy real estate scams for passports
-organized crime
-counterfeiting
and on and on and on.

but Canada doesn’t because along with NZ they seem to be the only sane white anglo countries left.

without the leadership of the west the world becomes feudal. UK and the US need to step up.

2 Likes

No doubt, but it is the system here and in China. The American system of overcharging to the point of hanging a threat of decades in jail unless you plead to a 6 month or small penalty is not exactly fair either.

I don’t know about other countries, although I’m pretty sure most developed legal systems follow similar models, but in the UK sentences are often increased by the Court of Appeal. Of course, this is when the prosecution make a case for the original sentence being inadequate for whatever reason.

However, even when the convicted appeal their sentence they can still be punished if they lose. They might have to pay court costs, or a retrial may be called. This hardly ever happens, but it’s not totally bizarre for a nation’s legal system to punish those who appeal. The typical East Asian framework admittedly tends toward the harsh side.

I always feel there’s a bit of “nudge, nudge, wink, wink” in Taiwan. Yes, we know you didn’t do it, but just play the game and you’ll be let out once everyone’s forgotten about it.

I’m not suggesting that’s it’s necessarily worse than most legal systems.

Do you need some white robes and a hood? Maybe you can introduce Klan cosplay to Taiwanese kids.

1 Like

I’ve read this several times and I can’t make sense of it. Are you suggesting “the west” is white and somehow therefore equivalent to the KKK?

1 Like

Smacks of white supremacy to me.

I’d have thought this one was stronger:

but Canada doesn’t because along with NZ they seem to be the only sane white anglo countries left.

It’s still nowhere near KKK, though.

EDIT: Sorry, I edited this post after you liked it. It wasn’t on purpose.