China to "resolve Taiwan problem" by 2020

Don’t log in or sign up to facebook unless you agree with everything? I’m not sure what I would need to agree with, so I’ll just stay here at Forumosa. :slight_smile:

Rats I was hoping to get my pension before that.

2 Likes

Darn, I was saying that it would be 2020 since 1997.
Pooh bear!

tenor

4 Likes

Actually, I believe threads that make predictions about future years (or decades) should be reanimated when the predictions are almost due.

This one’s just a little premature, so we need a year’s supply of popcorn. :popcorn:

How about now?

Similar thread:

The Ides have come but not gone… :grandpa:

1 Like

…中華民國尊重中華人民共和國占領大陸淪陷區之歷史事實,並承認中華人民共和國之主權。

Taiwan will acknowledges the CCP’s control over mainland China. The only territory of ROC being Taiwan and neighboring islands.

Kai-shek turning in his grave.

OKINAWA, WE’RE COMING FOR YOU

They will hand over Kinmen and Matsu to China.

Wow this topic was in year 2004

Locals already asked me about this issue in the late 90’s, my answer back then 2020!

1 Like

Taiwan will end up reunified with china in the end either way as virtually no countries recognise taiwan as an independent country, taiwan will not be able to defend itself on its own. Considering that taiwan in all everyday sense is no different to china anyway is obvious why no countries recognise taiwan.

Are you from China?

3 Likes

What a load of :poop:

The United States is Taiwan’s second largest trading partner, accounting for 11.8 percent of total trade and 12 percent of Taiwan imports. Mainland China is Taiwan’s largest trading partner, accounting for 23.9 percent of total trade and 18.6 percent of Taiwan’s imports in 2018. In terms of total trade, other Taiwan trading partners include Japan (10.9 percent), the European Union (9.3 percent), and Hong Kong (7.1 percent).

China should feel lucky that Taiwan makes stuff that doesn’t fall apart when you plug it in or doesn’t (usually) kill you if you eat it.

2 Likes

1 Like

I’m reading a book written in 2005 that says China will eradicate poverty by 2020 too. How’s that going?

4 Likes

This is so spot-on now that I think about it.

3 Likes

Plenty of Chabudouism goes into local manufacturing to produce shit that falls apart and that you’d not feed to a dog. Perhaps it’s not as bad as in the old country, but it’s there.

I’m sure the Screaming Jesus would have appreciated the compliment in 2004.