China University of Science and Technology Mandarin Studies Courses

Course Profile

Course levels offered start from beginners to advanced based on the Chinese level of the individual student. Classes are conducted in small sizes to ensure that the listening, speaking, reading and writing ability of each member can improve quickly. Students can learn Chinese based on a variety of interesting subjects. Our Mandarin courses are fun and effective since they are taught by experienced and well-trained teachers. Located in Nangang District. For more information please visit our website!

Email: language@www.cust.edu.tw
Phone: +886 (02) 2782-1862 EXT. 271

Posting a little more information here would probably attract more people to click through.

Most students of Mandarin need to know the basics up front, because most programs are similar to one another:

1. Do you offer visas? Can you sponsor ARCs?
  2. Where in Taipei? “Bus” isn’t really considered overly convenient these days (as much as I love the buses since I’m pre-MRT). You’re over on Jilong Rd, aren’t you?

Call me shallow, but I wouldn’t want to study at a university whose website looks like it was thrown together by an undergraduate in 1996. I looked for the address for 5-10 minutes, just out of pure bloodymindedness, before giving up and going to the Chinese version (it’s there).

I’m a current student. I like it :slight_smile: It is located near Academia Sinica, so it is not too far away from Nangang Software Park. Just follow Academia Sinica Road until you see AS on your right side. Then turn a bit to the right. Or once you are in Academia Sinica road, just follow the bus with China University of Technology sign on it… Haha… Their Taipei campus is in front of a big terminal bus… many 2x buses.

I think their website is pretty informative. Just send them an email, if you can’t find the information you need. I am pretty sure they will be more than happy to assist you. Btw, under LIVING INFO tab, they have information regarding VISA, HOUSING (dormitory), etc.

Okay, so transportation-wise, they are not going to be a very competitive option for those living in Taipei. People working at Academia Sinica might be more interested (obviously) or in Nangang, as you say.

ironlady~

Thank you very much for your suggestions, they are greatly appreciated! In response:

1. Applying for a Visitor Visa: Once you get the certificate of admission from the Language Center, you can apply for a Visitor Visa at the nearest ROC Embassy, 
                 consulate or representative agency in your country.
                 [aca.cust.edu.tw/language/chinese/eng/living.html](http://aca.cust.edu.tw/language/chinese/eng/living.html)

2. Address: 11581 台北市南港區研究院路三段245號 (02)2782-1862~4
                 No.245, Sec. 3, Academia Rd., Nangang Dist., Taipei City 115, Taiwan (R.O.C.)

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. As Emil mentioned, we will be more than happy to assist.

(We’re having a little trouble posting since the original post was submitted yesterday, but never appeared. Sorry for any delayed responses!)