China's genocide of the Tibetans and news suppression

Maybe we’ll start another thread for inner Mongolians as well.

2 Likes

Nicely done.

I hope after this virus something will happen that leads to China ending these inhumane programs.

Organizations campaigning on “mother tongue” issues are illegal and a form of “underworld gang crime.”

The second piece I’ve seen on this story lately

Canada’s experiment in residential schooling was a near total failure resulting in intergenerational trauma and horrors that we are only beginning to come to terms with

I hope it works out better for Tibetans

1 Like

So why does the PRC play hardball with Tibet? Why have they worked so hard to integrate it into China at such human and other costs?

In what may be the best researched op-ed I’ve read in a while, C Donovan Smith at Taiwan News answers these questions succinctly: it’s about water.

Guy

And people think the CCP will evolve and become nicer, much like international communities will put pressure on China.

Fool me once…

Separating children from their parents is a violation of article 2e of the Geneva Convention on genocide.

I don’t know why Max Blumenthal insists China isn’t committing genocide against the Uyghurs just because they’re not killing anyone.

Resources, and also high ground.

Yup, this is nothing new. Not just for their own use, but they can control south of the Himalayas by turning off the taps. Chinese dams already cause problems all over SE Asia, and they can hurt India, too.

I’ll probably still read the article, but this isn’t a new insight…

Do they, still? That was the hope 30 years ago, in 2024 I’m not sure this position is held by anyone serious…

Anyone serious perhaps, but still a lot of people lol.

Fool us twice, they laughed.

Of course China was originally included at US insistence in spite of not being a Great Power because they wanted to have CKS and the KMT as a counter-balance to the USSR.

1 Like

It’s 2024. They were included before certain genocides. Before during and after many forced starvation events. But that doesn’t matter. The genocidal ways should be enough as is. Never mind all the many other reasons to edit them out.