China's genocide of Uighurs and news suppression

also the christian world, and blind people!

2 Likes

The Muslim world leans towards the principle a sovereign country can do whatever the fuck they like inside their own borders, which means they won’t say shit about Chinas treatment of Uighurs and in return they expect no one to call them out for the fucked up shit they do inside their own borders.

2 Likes

#charliehebdo

Statement from 43 nations calls on Beijing to allow independent observers immediate access, as rival statement from 62 countries claims ‘disinformation’.

US Ambassador to China nominee Nicholas Burns cites “genocide in Xinjiang” and “support for Taiwan”.

1 Like

The only way the world can stand up to China is for everyone to immediately stop buying Chinese manufactured goods.

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-07/china-posts-robust-export-growth-in-october-beats-estimate

OTOH, their overall GDP only grew at 4.9%. From the worldwide clogging of ports, though, I’d say it’s probably not happening- the world values cheap plastic Chinese junk more.

Meh. I still do what I can. I make sure my clothes (and the fabric and thread that go into them) aren’t coming from China, my socks never come from China (USA-made Smartwool and Darn Tough all the way!!!) and, as long as I can get back to the States in the next year, my shoes, going forward, will cost me a pretty penny, but I’ve found the brands that are fully US-sourced and US-made and will last much longer than the sweatshop crap I’ve been wearing.

As for daily stuff, I hardly buy anything else outside of food and drinks. I hope none of that is coming from China…

1 Like

Foreign influencers pushing CCP propaganda on Xinjiang.

https://www.aspi.org.au/report/borrowing-mouths-speak-xinjiang

1 Like

A number of people on youtube, laowhy86, serpentza and others, brought that up awhile ago as well.

Saw a couple of news articles back in July on this as well

1 Like

A hack of PRC files has led to the public distribution of massive photographic archive of detained Uyghurs.

These photos will, I predict, be as damning as the notorious and profoundly moving S-21 photographs found in Cambodia after the Khmer Rouge’s genocidal regime.

From the story below, here is one of thousands of images, this one of Rahile Omer, who was 15 when she was detained by the thugs currently ruling Xinjiang:

These photographs will not get these people out of prison; nor will it get their proper lives back. But it will ensure that they will not be forgotten.

Guy

4 Likes

Some discussion in Taiwan:

Guy

2 Likes

Go to the “official” site of the leak – it lists the reasons people are detained. Mostly just practicing their religion, teaching their kid a banned language, etc

Former KMT lawmaker and would-be presidential candidate Hung Hsiu-chu apparently thinks all this is great!

Guy

2 Likes

The KMT’s Hung Hsiu-chu (seen above praising PRC state actions in Xinjiang) has now been used by PRC state media, including Xinhua, which has foregrounded her views in this propaganda report published yesterday:

All kinds of facts have shown that accusations against China’s Xinjiang fabricated by the United States and some other Western countries are totally smearing, said Hung Hsiu-chu, former chairperson of the Chinese Kuomintang party.

Hung made the remarks following her recent visit to several places in northwest China’s Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region.

Xinjiang is a harmonious, joyful, diverse and inclusive society, Hung said, adding that the United States and some other Western countries have fabricated lies about the so-called “forced labor” and “genocide” in Xinjiang in order to undermine China’s internal unity, but China will not be breached by it from within.

After visiting an exhibition on anti-terrorism and de-radicalization in the regional capital Urumqi, Hung said people in Xinjiang once suffered great harm from terrorism and extremist ideologies, and the anti-terrorism and de-radicalization measures that Xinjiang has taken have helped those once poisoned by extremist ideologies to gain a correct understanding of law and religion, and improve the living standards of their families through learning skills.

Hung said the trip to the region makes her feel that Xinjiang is a harmonious society, where different ethnic groups respect each other. “As they say, all ethnic groups remain closely united like the seeds of a pomegranate that stick together,” she said.

Source [PRC state media]: Former KMT chairperson refutes rumors about Xinjiang-Xinhua

Guy

1 Like

Predictably, some foreign youtubers in China (who have long been shills for Beijing and paid for doing so) have boldly proclaimed that BBC reporting—extraordinary and meticulous—on the leaked police files from Xinjiang is somehow “fake.”

Serpentza takes a look at the accusations made by these genocide apologists, and then debunks them one by one.

Guy

1 Like

https://www.mfa.gov.cn/ce/cgrj/pot/zlghd/t1807336.htm

From the CCP themselves, or at least their appointed ambassador to Rio de Janeiro. TL;DR, Chinese people are indoctrinated from a young age to associate their image of self with the Communist Party.

That is why those successfully indoctrinated will take any criticism of the party very personally because to them they are.

I think the trick here is to replace the traditional filial piety with party piety. Disrespecting the party is like disrespecting their family. That’s why you see all those people slapping their own face, hitting themselves with plastic stools after Pelosi landed.

These are the people who will approve and support anything the party does, including the genocide of Uyghurs, until they are the ones oppressed.

The UN has finally released what Guy Saint-Jacques calls a “damning report” about crimes against humanity in Xinjiang. Some analysis from Canada’s former ambassador to China here:

Guy

2 Likes

United Nations Report available here

https://www.ohchr.org/en/documents/country-reports/ohchr-assessment-human-rights-concerns-xinjiang-uyghur-autonomous-region

2 Likes

More grim news from Xinjiang, this time amidst COVID lockdowns and their impact on Uyghur communities:

Guy

What a disgrace.

Guy

1 Like