Chinas “high tech” pig farm 🐷

Another virus heading our way

1 Like

Imagine enclosed pig towers on the moon providing the lunar colonists take out choices.

Imagine the stink in the area too. It’s bad enough here when I walk along the street and a truckload of pigs heading off to their end passes by.

I think this likely isn’t worse than industrial pork production in the US, and has a fighting chance for less stink.

That’s what I was thinking. It’s fecking awful, but I can’t tell if it’s measurably more awful that what’s already being done to pigs. And apparently they are making some attempt to extract and use the manure, which is an improvement on the average Western pig “farm”.

yeah, but who doesn’t like good bacon 'n eggs for breakfast

I heard before modern times the average Chinese ate meat of any kind once a year. I think anyone would be pissed if they only got to eat meat once a year.

Also for some reason many Chinese won’t eat beef.

I heard that this sounds extremely implausible. :whistle:

1 Like

Probably depends what you mean by “before modern times” and “meat”. Chinese peasants were pretty skilled (as were most peasants worldwide). As long as their lords and masters stopped squabbling for more than a few years at a time and let them get on with farming, they probably would have raised pigs and chickens with good efficiency.

They don’t eat beef because bovines were farm labour.

Obviously, during the communist years, all bets were off.

Yea the great leap forward is really bad. My dad kinda hates the communist with a passion.