China's plan to subvert TAiwan?

nationalinterest.org/feature/uns … iwan-12463

They probably got tons of plans and other plans and plans on top of plans.

[quote=“tommy525”]http://nationalinterest.org/feature/unstoppable-chinas-secret-plan-subvert-taiwan-12463

They probably got tons of plans and other plans and plans on top of plans.[/quote]

the plans has been going on ever since Lee won the 1996 election.

China designed that entry-level industries that correlate to population ("human mouth"人口) but not directly related to spending power and disposable income, should be targeted and lured. More specifically, the food and religion industries.

M.Cole did a good job. It’d have been a better article if he could trace the origin of what he observed.

[quote=“sofun”]China designed that entry-level industries that correlate to population ("human mouth"人口) but not directly related to spending power and disposable income, should be targeted and lured. More specifically, the food and religion industries.

M.Cole did a good job. It’d have been a better article if he could trace the origin of what he observed.[/quote]

Sounds sinister. What exactly do you mean? They want to gradually take over the food and religion industries to give themselves more leverage here?

[quote=“hansioux”][quote=“tommy525”]http://nationalinterest.org/feature/unstoppable-chinas-secret-plan-subvert-taiwan-12463

They probably got tons of plans and other plans and plans on top of plans.[/quote]

the plans has been going on ever since Lee won the 1996 election.[/quote]

Basically because US was persistence in it’s one China-policy of peaceful resolution. Challenge and pressure drove China to become more innovative and flexible in strategies and tactics. I’d image that the Chinese government, comprised of many Chinese intellectuals, who are mostly history buffs, would frequently refer to past China history to search for inspirations.

[quote=“HenHaoChi”][quote=“sofun”]China designed that entry-level industries that correlate to population ("human mouth"人口) but not directly related to spending power and disposable income, should be targeted and lured. More specifically, the food and religion industries.

M.Cole did a good job. It’d have been a better article if he could trace the origin of what he observed.[/quote]

Sounds sinister. What exactly do you mean? They want to gradually take over the food and religion industries to give themselves more leverage here?[/quote]

Rather than taking over, they prefer controlling businessmen in the food and religions industries by promising the Chinese markets. The sheer size looks exceptionally attractive to the Taiwanese in the business of food and/or religion. Unlike modern products, food and religion are not subject to serious competition from the West and Japan.

That’s what I mean by entry-level. Or, “basic-level” if you wish.

OK, I can see that would be an interesting strategy. But after they ‘control’ these businessmen, how does that give China direct influence on Taiwanese independence? Plz excuse the dumb question. I think we’ve all seen these stealthy boil-the-frog power-grab tactics being used in many countries. I just wondered exactly how China did it.

After controlling certain businessmen, China directs them (i.e., utilizing their legal person’s right under roc laws) to purchase shares of corporations in Taiwanse media. We know that media is the corner stone of propaganda (containing political and psychological) warfares,because media disseminates disinformation and masks information with timeliness.

At critical moments, China directs businessmen to declare their voting preferences in favour of candidates that China consider will suppress Taiwan identity.

After controlling certain businessmen, China directs them (i.e., utilizing their legal person’s right under roc laws) to purchase shares of corporations in Taiwanse media. We know that media is the corner stone of propaganda (containing political and psychological) warfares,because media disseminates disinformation and masks information with timeliness.

At critical moments, China directs businessmen to declare their voting preferences in favour of candidates that China consider will suppress Taiwan identity.[/quote]

Wow, interesting. That sounds like a Bejing-type tactic… Have they ever been caught doing this?

There’s nothing to catch directly. what they do is they make you win or lose business on the mainland , giving and taking away favors. Surely you know about Want want group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“headhonchoII”]surely you know about Want want group?
[/quote]

Fraid I hadn’t heard. Don’t follow these things much. Will read about them, cheers. I guess business favours means billions of yuan on the mainland.