Chinese Activist Beat Himself to Bloody Pulp

A Chinese activist, who helped villagers displaced by building of the Gorges dam, after being summoned to the police station, was beaten up on his way home.

He was hit in the back, his 3 vertebrae were injured, and is not expected to walk again.

The police, who found no footprints near him, concluded that he beat himself up to fabricate a story.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5219890.stm

holy crap. If these people are going to make stuff up, at least make it look credible. Maybe there were no footprints, cuz they tossed him from a moving vehicle.

There’s no conspiracy here. Perfectly normal people go out and beat themselves to a pulp every day. Take me for example, once every couple of weeks I go out in the desert and give myself a good thrashing. I’ll use baseball bats, golf clubs, nightsticks, sometimes a Bowie knife or even one of them there ninja swords to add a little color, and if I’m really in the mood for a beatin’ I’ll take my .22 and cap myself in the leg a few times…whooo-wheee nothing like the feeling of a bullet in the leg to get-ya-goin in the morning!!

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/5217424.stm

[quote]

On 15 August, 2004, Atefah Sahaaleh was hanged in a public square in the Iranian city of Neka.

Her death sentence was imposed for “crimes against chastity”.

The state-run newspaper accused her of adultery and described her as 22 years old.

But she was not married - and she was just 16. [/quote]