Chinese and Taiwanese in U.S. Divided by Taiwan

npr.org/templates/story/stor … ceCode=RSS
Click on the LISTEN Button!

Listen to the program, pretty interesting.

“The Chinese and Taiwanese communities in Los Angeles are increasingly at odds as tensions mount over Taiwanese calls for independence from mainland China. From member station KPCC, Rob Schmitz reports.”

After decades of hard work by vaious Asian leaders in the US to create a unified Asian political block in the USA. Leave it to the Taiwanese Independence supporters to screw things up for other Asian Americans.

So, AC, like your mainland compatriots you speaks on behalf of the Japanese, Thais, Vietnamese, Malays, Indonesians, Burmese, Koreans and other Asians.

There is no such thing as a unified asian political block in the USA, or anywhere else for that matter.

I suppose that everyone must see eye-to-eye on N. Korea in the unified Asiab block. Whew! Case closed. Now all the negotiators can go home. :laughing:

So, AC, like your mainland compatriots you speaks on behalf of the Japanese, Thais, Vietnamese, Malays, Indonesians, Burmese, Koreans and other Asians.

There is no such thing as a unified Asian political block in the USA, or anywhere else for that matter.[/quote]

I beg to differ. Sites like

modelminority.com
goldsea.com
www.committee100.org
www.80-20initiative.net

are site to promote asian american political awareness and try to solidify a common interest to the fake ethnic group white americans imposed on asians.

Chinese being the largest asian group in the USA is more a reflection of the overall size of Chinese population in Asia that immigrates to the USA.

[quote=“ac_dropout”] I beg to differ. Sites like
modelminority.com goldsea.com
www.80-20initiative.net

Chinese being the largest Asian group in the USA is more a reflection of the overall size of Chinese population in Asia that immigrates to the USA.[/quote]

Yeah AC, these fake guys you mentioned should meet up with the white milita commitees… should be fun to watch… they accomplish about the same thing… bugger all

There is no such thing as a unified Asian political block in the USA, or anywhere else for that matter.[/quote]

I beg to differ. Sites like

modelminority.com
goldsea.com
www.committee100.org
www.80-20initiative.net

are site to promote Asian American political awareness and try to solidify a common interest to the fake ethnic group white Americans imposed on Asians.

Chinese being the largest Asian group in the USA is more a reflection of the overall size of Chinese population in Asia that immigrates to the USA.[/quote]
Let me make sure I understand your logic, AC. Private organization sets up website=said organization suddenly speaks for a “unified” asian block?

Asians are copying Black activism in the USA to create a unified political block in a fragmented fake ethnic grouping.

There are a few unique obstacles that Asians face in general

1. Model Minority stereotype
  2. Small population due to race bias immigration laws
  3. Stereotype as the unauthentic American

It is been debated in the Asian Ameican community how to handle Taiwan Independence issue. Most moderates like to give the evasive answer that that is an overseas issue and not an issue that directly effects Asian American, in hopes gathering as much local support as possible.

However, with more an more Asian American are coming from the PRC crowd as more ROC and HK crowd diffuse into suburbia diluting their political clout (as well as the fact they are not really acculture to Asia, let alone educated properly on the matter), it is easy to see why sympathies may change in the near future.

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“ac_dropout”] I beg to differ. Sites like
modelminority.com goldsea.com
www.80-20initiative.net

Yeah AC, these fake guys you mentioned should meet up with the white milita commitees… should be fun to watch… they accomplish about the same thing… bugger all[/quote]

There was a Hmong hunter that killed like 6 white hunters in Wisconson over a tree stand last year.

Not cool in my opinion.

I much rather have the individuals from stormfront.net troll those site every now and then to have a civil discussion of diverging views.

ac_dropout, I’d be interested to know your background so I could put your comments into perspective. Are you mainland Chinese? American? None of the above? Living in Taiwan? From what I’ve read of your posts and blogspot site you seem to be fiercely pro-unification. This seems quite rare for those outside the PRC or without PRC connections. While I don’t agree with your views, I’m glad that you seem to conduct at least some research and would be interested to find out how and where your opinions have come about.

Yep, the title of the thread is misleading. It said that Chinese in America are divided about Taiwan, which sounded like it could be an interesting read. However, when I opened the thread the first post said that Taiwanese and Chinese are divided about Taiwan. Completely different topic!
Please fix the title to reflect the content of the thread.
Unified Asian political block. Sheeesh.

[quote=“twonavels”]Yep, the title of the thread is misleading. It said that Chinese in America are divided about Taiwan, which sounded like it could be an interesting read. However, when I opened the thread the first post said that Taiwanese and Chinese are divided about Taiwan. Completely different topic! Please fix the title to reflect the content of the thread.
[/quote]

I second that.

using AC’s twisted logic, the title of the thread is OK. He simply assumes that all taiwanese are Chinese, their frizzy hair and for some of the women bigger boobs notwithstanding. (There’s a significant polynesian ethnic component to most Taiwanese IMO).

What’s this above old news got to do with your so called unified asian block? Maybe he forgot the Vietnam war was over, or he holds a grudge against whites for asking him to stop tresspassing.

If your asian block is so unified why the differences of opinion about Japans past and Taiwan? :loco: :loco: :loco:

But why the divergence from Chinese to suddenly include all asians.

AC’s an american who can’t decide what race or nationality he wants to be.

I was going to write something funny, then write something about how I feel that since most of us are in America, should we call it a new continent and just refer to each others as brothers and sisters, as many of our African American friends do. But then it became too touchy feely.

Besides, its sensitive politics and racism that makes all of us hate each other, not Taiwan Independence groups. How about WW2 and Japan, Korean stereotypes about the Chinese (trust me, my best friend is Korean and his family hates you if you’re Chinese and female). Wars between Vietnam, Cambodia or the other South Asian nations? Pakistan and India are famous examples…

And of course the hardcore pro-unificationists like yourself are totally innocent.