"Chinese culture engenders misery" By Yu Jie

I was really surprised to read this editorial. Interesting ideas. The newspaper must be brave to publish articles like this.

The second misconception is that the CCP and Chinese culture can be looked at separately; that the party is bad and Chinese culture is good, and that once the foreign Marxist-Leninist thought can be uprooted and eliminated, the culture will shine in all its glory and become the savior of the world. This is another utterly absurd idea. The CCP is a flower of evil, born of the soil that nurtured Chinese culture.

What is Chinese culture? Chinese culture is not a good thing. It is lies, it is violence and it is personality cults. It is the erosion of Taiwanese society by Chinese culture that has resulted in the bizarre phenomenon that is Taipei’s mayor, Ko, and it is the erosion of Chinese society by Chinese culture that has resulted in the bizarre phenomenon that is the personality cult of Chinese President Xi Jinping (習近平).

Chinese culture is turning China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and every place with Chinese people into a dye workshop, a crocodile pond, an Animal Farm and a miserable world.

Yu Jie is an exiled Chinese dissident writer.

1 Like

It reminds me of all those white people writing stuff to explain how and why white people are evil.

3 Likes

Yup. Not a whole lot of depth there. “Chinese culture = the CCP = evil”. Well, glad we got that sorted then.

3 Likes

I think it’s safe to say that Chinese nationalism and Chinese identity have much in common with religious extremism in other cultures. That such currents tend to take political form here (including Confucianism as well as modern ethno-national expressions) is revealing.

once this “exiled chinese dissident writer” harshed on Ko, it took any validity away from his/her theory

1 Like

There’s some nutter who’s claiming that Ko is involved in organ theft in Taiwan at the moment. Supposedly backed by the DPP. I wonder if this is linked.

(Sigh) All politics is local.

I thought that was back in 2014. Is he still talking about it?

He’s back in Taiwan banging on about it. Ko’s threatening legal action.

I shall provide you with a link, sir.

Much obliged. :bowing:

1 Like

And that’s actually only half the story. It turns out that the organs that Ko was harvesting were mostly conceptual penises, and that this has caused an unprecedented escalation in climate change, triggering super typhoons which are now scaring the extra terrestrials who are refusing to come back and repair the pyramids, which are our only defense against the approaching death star.

2 Likes

So it was the influence of the British and Japanese that made Hong Kong and Taiwanese culture better than it had been? Sounds like he’s cheering for colonialism. I guess Taipei Times will print anything negative towards China.

Super typhoons are not the reason for your shabby pyramids, earthlings. And that’s all I’m gonna say about that. :flying_saucer:

1 Like