Chinese family visit Taiwan; proceed to vandalize prestigious university

Take all the shit Chinese people do to unify their race. Then imagine if England did it. What would the international community think then?

1 Like

You don’t need to apprehend them humanly, just humanely. :wink: :flying_saucer:

I absolutely agree that inciting violence is not the solution.

1 Like

Screenshot_20190930-103508

5 Likes

Totally agree.

And just to show how bad it is here, NOW there are complaints about why a certain famous HK singer -Dennis Ho- who led the support the march in Taipei was allowed in, let alone participate. OMG, she’s got a Canadian passport, she has no right! They said. So attention from the paint attack is now overwhelmed by the discussion if why a foreigner is allowed into Taiwan political affairs and how is it different from the Chinese people traveling here «to express their political views».

Thank goodness NIA and high officials ain’t having any of it and have expressed the reasons clearly and energetically. Pity the local media pays no attention to logic.

1 Like

I also totally agree. And I’d also point out that inciting violence is not tolerant.

1 Like

Again, the question remains: who and how do the Chinese supporters get told what to do?

The cowards that attack in Taipei in order to incite fear do not even dare to get serious, but hide their hate through «innocuous» hair spray and paint. The message is clear: we can get you whenever, even where you feel safe and supported. And they are let go «because no real harm was done». Someday the tortilla will turn
they do not learn that in their motherland the supporters who did their bidding in Taiwan are also incarcerated.

1 Like

For the exact case in the video. If I was there. I’d challenge the people in question to post up their own perspective on the board, rather than tear down the ideas of others.

1 Like

And that’s that because they know the law is on their side. How come they apologize and keep on vacationing?!

Screenshot_20190930-143054

Well obviously people shouldn’t be allowed to act so aggressively on ‘holidays’. It’s clearly out of line. Also not entirely unrelated to the should foreigners put their nose in politics theme . Guests should act like guests right

True when in war they say “Why kill the kids” well you just given the exact reason :smiley:
Wouldn’t wash at the Hague but fine with me

2 Likes

It definitely prevents a Bruce Wayne I’ll-spend-my-whole-life-obsessively-seeking-revenge-over-my-murdered-parents situation.

2 Likes

“Withdrawn the complaint after they apologize” no, fuck that, sue them for vandalism, child trafficking or whatever you can think of.

2 Likes

I expect the student association was told by the police and school authorities that «that was that, nothing more can be done about it». And that is the scariest and most disgusting part of this affair.

1 Like

NSYSU Student Council President: “If a post gets torn down, we will put up a hundred more.”

Meanwhile, the Chinese tourists who tore down the messages were apprehended in Kenting and brought into custody in Kaohsiung. After apologizing to council members, the complaint was dropped.

Source: http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2019/10/01/2003723191

Guy

I don’t care about them getting prosecuted. I’d just like them to piss off back to China. Why would they want to stay here after this?

You got it all wrong, verriily you do.
It’s not the point. You shouldn’t care if they hate us in their hearts and stick pins in cushions shaped in our likenesses in private.
The only consideration should be, did they act on their thoughts to break the law or if they incites others to break the law. Motive should be taken into account in the penalty stage but you have to be careful.
How’s this. Try them for the damage they caused. Hit them with the maximum fine and jail time. Offer them an opportunity to drop all fines and reentry bans in return financial restitution and a public video apology admitting it was wrong to pull down posters and not respect other people’s property and the rights to an opinion.
That video alone will do wonders for their social credit scores

Who knows this country may one day have to grant them asylum.
Edit: Asking them to apologise for not respecting the opinions of others may be a bit too far. Respecting the rule of law is an other thing.

I understand they have been to Kenting. I think as tourists they have suffered enough. : P

According to the Taipei Times article I linked above, the tourist-vandals have apologized.

Guy

1 Like

Quote from Guy’s Article

The couple were taken to Kaohsiung’s Gushan Precinct for questioning and admitted tearing down the messages, police said.

They apologized to student council members for their “improper behavior” in the presence of a lawyer and precinct officers, police said.

The case has been closed, as the complaint was withdrawn and the dispute is considered settled, police said

Yeah, I guess that’s adequate. But I wish the apology was public.
I’ve just been turned off recently by people being silenced from public forums for their beliefs instead of just meeting their speech with rational arguments

They apologized to student council members for GETTING CAUGHT FOR their “improper behavior", ALTHOUGH THEY AREN’T TRULY SORRY in the presence of a lawyer and precinct officers, police said.

4 Likes