Chinese imput text recognition software

Does anyone know of any good chinese text recognition software for PDAs (pocket PC 2002 OS)… preferably with some dictionary functions too… either for download or on CF or MMC cards… I can only find some Palm OS based software and the Palm OS is way too simple and outdated… Also does anyone have any opinions regarding what format the majority of 3rd party removable media software comes on ie. CF II or MMC…

thanks…

Dunno…for what you describe, the Palm OS seems to work just dandy for me, but maybe I’m too primitive.

I haven’t heard of anything for PocketPC. Have you Googled it with something like “Pocket PC Chinese OS”?

hmmm… well thanks for the reply,

btw the palm OS doesn’t work for me 'cos i need more than just the simple PDA functions from my handheld, like fast, easy access to big Excel and Word docs, and images, as well as quick and easy uplinking from my pc w/out 3rd party interface software that you have to use with Palm OS…

I’m not aware of the largest size limitation on Excel and Word docs, but I have some pretty big Word docs on my handheld using “WordSmith”. You can certainly also have images with Palm OS. Have you looked at any of the newer models lately?? You might find they will do what you need without having to go to PocketPC.

It seems you need a PC (perhaps tablet PC, but even those might not satisfy you), not a PDA…

[quote=“plasmatron”]
quick and easy uplinking from my pc w/out 3rd party interface software that you have to use with Palm OS…[/quote]
What “3rd party software” do you mean? Palm Desktop? Wouldn’t qualify for a “3rd” party… And if it’s only to push a few files back and forth you need just the driver on your PC, my T650 logs in as a USB drive…
Maybe you should first find out what you REALLY need. You can like Ironlady even write large texts on a PDA (with an external keyboard), but you should remember that although processing power and memory size of PDAs are growing, those devices are NOT thought to replace a desktop computer…