Chinese learning software

I found this online. And I LOVE it.
dreamsyssoft.com/chinese-tut … ?src=about

It is a free computer flash card program. You have to set up your own vocabulary, and it only accepts PinYin pronunciation guide, no MPS. But otherwise it is awesome. You set up the dictionary, then you chose which to use in the flash cards. And then it shows you the chinese word and you have to type the pinyin pronunciation.

Here’s another pretty cool one that will run on Linux:

kamares.ucsd.edu/~arobert/hanzim.html

I noticed that after installation I had to move the data files to the main directory of the program, but installation was otherwise very smooth and although I haven’t spent too much time with it, it looks pretty cool. It supports simplified and traditional, and uses both pinyin and bopomofo. Slick.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]I found this online. And I love it.
dreamsyssoft.com/Chinese-tut … ?src=about

It is a free computer flash card program. You have to set up your own vocabulary, and it only accepts PinYin pronunciation guide, no MPS. But otherwise it is awesome. You set up the dictionary, then you chose which to use in the flash cards. And then it shows you the Chinese word and you have to type the pinyin pronunciation.[/quote]

Thanks SuchAFob! It’s a great little program. I like that I can tailor it to my personal needs. There are a few problems, but nothing major.

P.S. I was able to input MPS instead of traditional characters, but I couldn’t input tone marks. I’ll work on that. Thanks again.