Chinese New Year 2009 - Dates

If someone has the dates or can direct me to them, I am looking for the actual dates for Chinese New Year and the school vacation dates.

Thanks.

With the ticket prices so high, do we have to book this early? :astonished:

Starts January 26, 2009.

The big question: it’s a Monday, will we have the whole week off? Only time will tell…

I can’t help with the vacation days, but I do have an extensive list: When is Chinese New Year?, which gives the dates for Chinese New Year from several hundred years ago through the present and until the year 2644.

Word in the office is that it might begin with the 23rd -Friday- off, maybe up to February 2nd or 3rd. :pray:

:dance:
IT’S OFFICIAL

9 DAYS OFF FOR LUNAR NEW YEAR

4 DAYS OFF FOR THE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL

According to the Executive Yuan, 9 days will be granted as holidays, from JANUARY 24th up to February 1st.

ENJOY
:scooby: :beer: :bouncy:

IT’S OFFICIAL

9 DAYS OFF FOR LUNAR NEW YEAR

4 DAYS OFF FOR THE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL

According to the Executive Yuan, 9 days will be granted as holidays, from JANUARY 24th up to February 1st.

ENJOY
:scooby: :beer: :bouncy:[/quote]

That would be 5 days as holidays plus 4 weekend days at Chinese New Year. One day has to me made up.
The extra day on Dragon Boat Festival also has to be made up.
With the exception of January 1st, all the other public holidays fall on Saturdays. However naturally the toiling workers to not get a make-up holiday.
udn.com/NEWS/LIFE/LIF1/4471470.shtml

Well, it’s still an improvement from the 4 day New year Break we had this year, plus 3 day holidays all year…

No it’s not:

New Years Day: 1 day
Chinese New Year: 4 days
Dragon Boat Festival: 1 day

There are 2 extra days at Chinese New Year and Dragon Boat Festival but they have to be made up.

Total, 6 days=pathetic. Sure giving the workers more holidays would actually help the economy, particularly the tourism and retail sectors.

No it’s not:

New Years Day: 1 day
Chinese New Year: 4 days
Dragon Boat Festival: 1 day

There are 2 extra days at Chinese New Year and Dragon Boat Festival but they have to be made up.

Total, 6 days=pathetic. Sure giving the workers more holidays would actually help the economy, particularly the tourism and retail sectors.[/quote]

What

the

FUCKKKKK???

SIX days the WHOLE YEAR???

Yep…

To make matters worse, I asked about tickets homebound: 90 thousand nts this summer.

Those are usually New Year prices. Hence, by my calculations, there will be a significant increase. Pity, 9 days together would have made for a lovely trip home.

[quote=“Icon”]Yep…

To make matters worse, I asked about tickets homebound: 90 thousand nts this summer.

Those are usually New Year prices. Hence, by my calculations, there will be a significant increase. Pity, 9 days together would have made for a lovely trip home.[/quote]

There are 9 consecutive days off at CNY - four holiday days, one adjusted to holiday day, and four weekend days. But still only amounts to a measly total of 6 days public holiday this year.
Where’s home?

A place where the height of tourist season coincides with Lunar New Year in this part of the world …

So that is why I was left speechless when they told me NOW -middle of winter- it is so expensive to get there. Rats! Blasted oil crisis!

Anyway, guys, we can still start making travel plans.

So, can someone please provide a link to the official Taiwan calendar for 2009?

Never mind. I found it.

cpa.gov.tw/cpa2004/egfix/EEWC0001.html

I thought Chinese New Year was 5 days? I remember in the past getting 3 or 4 days off work because it started on a weekend. Shit if it’s only 4, my boss will certainly try to get me in there on that Friday and break up my party.

Well I’m happy because today I asked for and received an extra week off at CNY. Woohoo. Jan24- Feb7 for me. Thailand, here I come.