Chinese new year dates 2010

I want to see the exact dates that will be designated as holidays for Chinese New Year in TAiwan.

You know when you see the calenders and they show the red days which are designated as the holiday. Those are the days I am looking for.

I know CNY falls on Feb 14th which is a Sunday, but will the first ‘day off’ be on the Thursday 11th, Friday 12th, Saturday 13th, Sunday 14th?
And what about the final day? Sunday 21st?

Shouldn’t there be a sticky somewhere with Public Holidays 2010?

Thanks.

The government tends to make such official announcements late. Maybe the politicians believe that this way the people will view the holidays as generous gifts from their kind leaders (big cheer, everyone) rather than as simply a basic right.

The Central Personnel Administration, which is the controlling agency, doesn’t have the dates for 2010 up yet on its work calendar.

[quote=“european”]I want to see the exact dates that will be designated as holidays for Chinese New Year in Taiwan.

You know when you see the calenders and they show the red days which are designated as the holiday. Those are the days I am looking for.

I know CNY falls on Feb 14th which is a Sunday, but will the first ‘day off’ be on the Thursday 11th, Friday 12th, Saturday 13th, Sunday 14th?
And what about the final day? Sunday 21st?

Shouldn’t there be a sticky somewhere with Public Holidays 2010?

Thanks.[/quote]

You, optimistic you.

My bet is maybe Friday off, then up till Wednesday.

But I am very pessimistic when it comes to holiday affairs.