Chinese New Year

During CNY, most of the activity takes place inside homes and temples. Life in Taipei itself is pretty mellow with much of the population having gone to visit families in the South and the majority of businesses closed.

The true outdoor festivities - lion dances, fireworks, etc. - don’t take place until two weeks later: the Lantern Festival. Expect CKS Memorial Plaza to be the center of activity in Taipei. To experience true carnage and chaos, get yourself down to the town of Yenshui for their fireworks festivities.

Well seriously, that’s about it.
It’s suppose to be fun for the adults when it comes down to gambling. Other than that it’s pretty much just a lot of people gathering up for the event. Kids love it cause they get hong bao and get to play with other kids.

Someone told me that they were moving the bulk of the lantern dazzle to the area around city hall this year… Anyone know if this is true?

Thank god for Band of Brothers…

-only the 10x i watched it in the past couple of years, but since taiwan TV program managers had their heads up their asses and only played the $25nt blockbuster bargain bin videos during their big holiday, it took up some down time. If i have to watch brittany or lidsay ever again, i am cancelling my crap cable tv service. f*cking pathetic.

[quote=“Hobbes”]

Someone told me that they were moving the bulk of the lantern dazzle to the area around city hall this year… Anyone know if this is true?[/quote]

Yes they moved it to Renai Rd. in front of City Hall. It’s already started. Yawn.

I guess you live in other Taiwan than I do. Wheater has been cold and wet every year since I came here 8 years ago, just miserable.

Maybe in Taipei they do but here outside Taipei, in the bushesy ou can suck it. Just convenience stores and McD 's are open.

Just hate it, boring. Even I had to close my business.

[quote=“Sir Donald Bradman”]

But I just remembered the one thing I hate. The endless noise of firecrackers for weeks to come.

Brian[/quote]

Not only you do, I do too. They are just tofu brains, binlang brains or how can we call them. New year is now more than 1 week past and they still let them crack at all all times day or night, they have no repect for other peoples night rest. May every god on earth curse them.

Especially kids, they can even stay up later than they do normally and play cards and gamble as the adults do. The earlier they learn it the better, real cool, isn’t it.

I guess you live in other Taiwan than I do. Wheater has been cold and wet every year since I came here 8 years ago, just miserable.

Maybe in Taipei they do but here outside Taipei, in the bushesy ou can suck it. Just convenience stores and McD 's are open.

Just hate it, boring. Even I had to close my business.[/quote]

Nope, not in Taipei either. This is my 4th CNY in Taipei and the weather couldn’t have been more miserable (except on the 14th and 15th). So glad I got my new fridge before CNY. I shudder to think of the food scenarios if I hadn’t.

even thought a lot of the local Taiwanese ppl said they “hate” chinese new year
but they don’t really meant it
it’s just the work and stuff kinda through ppl off
cuz ppl still do it even though they claim that they hate it
it’s a tradition that we can’t just gave up
and if one day they were to move to the US or a foreign country
they will still continue the tradition
that’s why you always see ppl having parades in china towns all over the world
and you will hear about Chinese ppl in US or other country celebrating chinese new year

and if one day these ppl who complains about chinese new year move to places like US.
they will miss the chinese new year that they hate so much
they will want to go home and visit their relatives

it’s kinda like thanksgiving and christmas
lots of traffic, and family and gift buying
but ppl still do it

Are 2019s dates released yet?

Icon posted this link over here:

Is that what you’re looking for?

Thank you kindly