Chinese Official Caught Lifting the Lotion

Busted! I’m shocked that there isn’t a thread here on this important news item.

[quote=“Taipei Times”]Ni was found to have stolen skin­care products worth just NT$99 on two separate occasions.[/quote] taipeitimes.com/News/front/a … 2003472539

This man is serious about his lotion. Two Insensitive Care raids. He must have decided to be gentle with himself.

Today the Taipei paper compared it to the rape of Tibet, but I think it’s more like raising the flag over the Diaoyutais, or maybe like running it up and down the flagpole repeatedly for several minutes.

Hehehe

Finally, we have a guideline! Anything under NT$20,000 is OK.

I wonder if the same rule will apply for gwailos? :laughing:

Guy’s a wanker.

Ergo, the lotion.

(wtf does “kiping” mean and what language is it?)

When I was growing up in Baton Rouge it meant stealing (or it least in my neighborhood it did), but it usually referred specifically to shoplifting. Example:

[quote]A: Hey, man, where’d you get that radio?
B: Kiped it.[/quote]

I think most of the time the respondent was joking. Most of the time. I think.

Should’ve put the lotion in the basket.

[quote]“If this happened to a Taiwanese citizen, I believe they would also be released. If the Chinese official stole an item valued at more than NT$20,000 he would have been detained, but NT$198 is OK,” Hsieh said.[/quote] Good to know you only get detained for stealing over NT$20,000.

hwa agent Starling

We had a discussion about that term before. To kype (however it’s spelled) may have originated as a slur against Jewish people. But I’m not sure.

Don’t recall ever hearing that one before. :ponder:

Don’t recall ever hearing that one before. :ponder:[/quote]
I don’t think it’s considered offensive nowadays, but I’ve heard that before. I just can’t confirm it.

I am sure I’ve seen several cases of motehrs who stole milk and foodstuff for their kids left with a warning, but others have been held in custody. On teh otehr hand, there were some who had a cute scam skimming stuff from supermarkets with their kids for several thousand nts. Those, they got some time.

Don’t recall ever hearing that one before. :ponder:[/quote]
I don’t think it’s considered offensive nowadays, but I’ve heard that before. I just can’t confirm it.[/quote] I fixed it.