Chinese Taipei Hockey League

I know, I’m probably a little late on this, but I’d figure I’d inquire anyway. I just arrived in Taiwan in the midddle of December and am looking to play some hockey. I know the CIHL has already started, but does anyone know if any of the teams have spots to fill or are looking for subs? If not are there any drop in rec leagues? Contact information for someone with the CIHL or any other info would be appreciated greatly.

There are 3 games tonight, from 7:20-midnight.
The arena is at Dunwha/Nanjing.
There will be plenty of people for you to talk to there.
Can you make it?

Hi sidebyside,

There are still spots available on teams for the remainder of the season. If you are interested, just send me a pm and I’ll get you set up.

Best Regards,
Bob Ford
CIHL Treasurer

I haven’t played in years, but I really miss it now that I am here. Can’t watch hockey, play hockey or even be annoyed by Toronto Maple Leaf fans talking about how this is the year.

Where would someone be able to get equipment for games? I’d love to be able to play once in a while, but I have nothing with me… not even my CHIEFS jersey.

I’d love to start playing… anyone have some advice or pointers as to what I need or who to talk to?

Contact Geoff at Monoclub, info at
monoclub.com.tw

Auiguo East Rd, 20-1, 1F, Taipei, Taiwan
Tel: 2321 2065

It’s right across from CKS Memorial Hall, in a strip of wedding photo studios.
Next games are on the 21st, and there’s pick up hockey on Thursday at 9:20.

Next round of CIHL action this coming Sunday at the Taipei Arena, corner of NanJing E. and DunHua N. Rds. Game of the week: The league leading Bears look to take command of the standings in a matchup against the second place Taichung Lions.

1/21 7:20pm 獅子 Lions vs. 猛熊 Bears
8:40pm 老虎 Tigers vs. 暴龍 Raptors
10:00pm犀牛 Rhinos vs. 野狼 Wolves

Come on out and support ice hockey devellopment in Taiwan.
Admission is free!

Apparently, there’s a pretty good article in the China Post today. ETTV willl be out to film a reportage on Sunday. Get in the game: Come on out and support local ice hockey! See previous post for game times.

Edit: Sorry, the article in the Post was about something else I’m affiliated with. :blush: But look for us on Ettv in the coming weeks!

Don’t forget, big game tonight at 8:40!

oh yeah, there’s a game before and after as well.

Action this Sunday as follows.

2/4 11:00am 老虎 Tigers vs. 鯊魚 Sharks
7:20pm 鯊魚 Sharks vs. 獅子 Lions
8:40pm 暴龍 Raptors vs. 野狼 Wolves
10:00pm犀牛 Rhinos vs. 猛熊 Bears

All games at the Taipei Arena, in the Iceland complex on the 2nd floor. Admission is free. Don’t look for me this weekend, as I’ll be watching Montreal take on Pittsburg at the beautiful Bell Centre in Montreal! Go Habs!

You’re going to be where??? Doing what? Oh… man! I am [color=green]JEALOUS[/color].
Do yourself a favour. Hit Brewtopia on the lower part of Crescent before the game. It’s only a few blocks from the rink. Maybe the best microbrew pub on the island, and that’s saying something.

[quote=“Jaboney”]You’re going to be where??? Doing what? Oh… man! I am [color=green]JEALOUS[/color].
Do yourself a favour. Hit Brewtopia on the lower part of Crescent before the game. It’s only a few blocks from the rink. Maybe the best microbrew pub on the island, and that’s saying something.[/quote]

Thanks, J. Do the Men In Black proud this weekend and stand those Wolves on their head for me! :wink:

Back in swing for the New Year, action kicks off at 7:20pm at the Taipei Arena’s Iceland Palace; corner of Nanjing and Dunhua, entrance on Nanjing. Hope to see you there!

2/25 7:20pm 暴龍 Raptors vs. 獅子 Lions
8:40pm 老虎 Tigers vs. 犀牛 Rhinos
10:00pm猛熊 Bears vs. 野狼 Wolves

Coming up this Sunday, the morning game pits the boys from Chiayi against the Men In Black!

Sun, Mar. 11 9:00A Raptors Sharks Big Egg
7:20P Sharks Wolves Big Egg
8:40P Lions Rhinos Big Egg
10:00P Tigers Bears Big Egg - first and second go head to head!

Come on out and join the fun!

The Raptors posted a big “W” in what was an action packed game against the Chiayi Sharks!

Just a reminder that there are 3 more games on the boards starting tonight at 7:20pm and if you’re interested in a little pre-game warm-up, we have the Leaf/Sens game from Thursday in the back room at the Shannon starting a 4pm. Come along for the fun!