Chinese Taipei vs Cambodia

October 8, 2014.
7 PM
Taipei Municipal Stadium.
Chen Po-Liang and Victor Chou confirmed called for the national team.
Xavier Chen did not registered, but he is in Taiwan for watching the game.

How to get there?

1. Taxi using this
    台北田徑場

2. MRT, find Nanjing East Rd Station on the brown line, and walk your way through crowd when seeing some foreigners with football attributes on direction to IKEA.

[quote=“sewersquid”]October 8, 2014.
7 PM
Taipei Municipal Stadium.
Xavier Chen, Chen Po-Liang and Victor Chou confirmed called for the national team.

How to get there?

1. Taxi using this
    台北田徑場

2. MRT, find Nanjing East Rd Station on the brown line, and walk your way through crowd when seeing some foreigners with football attributes on direction to IKEA.[/quote]

Its the stadium next to the little big egg, Dunhua and Bade, not hard to find.

Chinese Taipei? When are Italian Taipei or Russian Taipei playing?

how’s Cambodia at football?

Both are crap, so we expect a crappy game, warm-up for the upcoming Round 2 of 2015 East Asian Championships in Taipei/Kaohsiung.
CT will play with Hong Kong, commy Korea and Guam.

Both are crap, so we expect a crappy game, warm-up for the upcoming Round 2 of 2015 East Asian Championships in Taipei/Kaohsiung.
CT will play with Hong Kong, commy Korea and Guam.[/quote]

North Korea? will there be jersey sales?

well, if they lose to Cambodia 2-nil, I can only imagine the massacre that will be the Taiwan v.s. N. Korea game…

North Korea will massacre Taiwan. Even Hong Kong beat them 6-0 recently

Just as a heads up we have some internationals coming up. From what I understand of the ticketing system, they’re free but you need to exchange five 7-11 receipts for one ticket, and you can do it by the stadium. If you can read Chinese theres more information here facebook.com/CTFootballAssociation/timeline

I fancy going. Can you just turn up on the day and grab a ticket?

Or do you need to do the 7-11 thing? Seems a bit daft, imagine in England if to get England tickets you needed half a dozen Tesco receipts.

[quote=“The_Ghost”]I fancy going. Can you just turn up on the day and grab a ticket?

Or do you need to do the 7-11 thing? Seems a bit daft, imagine in England if to get England tickets you needed half a dozen Tesco receipts.[/quote]

Maybe you could for non-league football!

[quote=“Dougster”][quote=“The_Ghost”]
Maybe you could for non-league football![/quote][/quote]

It’s about the same standard given how poor Taiwan are when going forward :stuck_out_tongue:

So many misplaced passes :cry:

Reminded me of when Stewart Downing plays for England and gets into a good space, everybody gets excited only for him to send the ball ten yards over everybodies head.

Perhaps we can rename this thread Taiwan’s national soccer team or something.

Anyway, tomorrow at 7PM team Taiwan would be playing against Brunei in Kaohsiung’s National Stadium. This tournament is part of the qualifier for 2018’s Worldcup in Russia.

Players such as Xavier Chen and Chen Po-Liang would be playing for Taiwan.

The game will be shown only on MOD channel 179.

[quote=“hansioux”]Perhaps we can rename this thread Taiwan’s national soccer team or something.

Anyway, tomorrow at 7PM team Taiwan would be playing against Brunei in Kaohsiung’s National Stadium. This tournament is part of the qualifier for 2018’s Worldcup in Russia.

Players such as Xavier Chen and Chen Po-Liang would be playing for Taiwan.

The game will be shown only on MOD channel 179.[/quote]
Brunei won.

[quote=“Gain”]
Brunei won.[/quote]

1-0 ouch…

At least there were over 10,000 fans there to enjoy the game. Good news for Taiwanese soccer.

[quote=“hansioux”][quote=“Gain”]
Brunei won.[/quote]

1-0 ouch…

At least there were over 10,000 fans there to enjoy the game. Good news for Taiwanese soccer.[/quote]

I saw it live on TV (well, like 10 minutes of it). Surprised to see so many fans in the stands. I wondered how Taiwanese football compares to German football. I guess they would have problems beating a team from the Regional Leagues (4th tier) or even from a league below that.

Taiwan is currently ranked 188th in the world, while Brunei is at 198th. So yeah, Taiwan football is really bad.

[quote=“hannes”]

I saw it live on TV (well, like 10 minutes of it). Surprised to see so many fans in the stands. I wondered how Taiwanese football compares to German football. I guess they would have problems beating a team from the Regional Leagues (4th tier) or even from a league below that.

Taiwan is currently ranked 188th in the world, while Brunei is at 198th. So yeah, Taiwan football is really bad.[/quote]

the Taipei city government wouldn’t return the only standard football stadium in Taipei to football… well, actually it was first a baseball stadium, and they haven’t returned that to baseball since the end of WW2…

They don’t play football in the stadium on Bade Road? What’s the stadium there for, then? Growing green grass?

The one on Bade road is a track and fields stadium. They can play soccer there, but it is not a dedicated soccer stadium.

A follow up on the Taiwan v.s. Brunei game. There was a rematch at Brunei yesterday. Taiwan not only needed to win, but also score at least two goals to advance, since Brunei won 1:0 last time.

By the way, the forward Zhu En-le (朱恩樂) who scored one of the 2 goals for Taiwan is a naturalization Turkish player named Onur Dogan.

In the end Taiwan won 2:0, and advanced to the next round of qualifiers for the 2018 World Cup. The game was shown on MOD.