Chinese Vocabulary about programs and graphics

Hello,

Someone know where I can find some vocabulary used by taiwanese people (in chinese or in pseudo english, like “C jia jia”) about computer programs and computer graphics terms ?

Sorry I don’t know of any reference materials for this information. Perhaps you could look in a bookstore for Taiwanese learning English computer terms.

However, I do have two students who should know about this terminology. One studies Computer Science and is working on image processing now. The other works as a graphic artist. The only problem is that their class has ended just now and I’m not totally sure if it’ll start again. If it does, I’ll ask them if they want to help you with the vocab. It should start next week. Are you interested?

ccts.cs.cuhk.edu.hk/

Only covers mainland and HK standards, but Taiwan seems to by and large adhere to the HK standards for computer terminology.

[quote=“Tetsuo”]http://ccts.cs.cuhk.edu.HK/

Only covers mainland and HK standards, but Taiwan seems to by and large adhere to the HK standards for computer terminology.[/quote]

At the first look, it is a very usefull site, thank you !
But … I still have a doubt about how close this vocabulary database is from the words that taiwanese people are using.

I am game programmer, and I need to communicate in chinese with the artists of my company because their english skill is pretty limited.

Here a few notes from what I learned today :

• They don’t understand “texture coordinates”, but immediatly understand when I say “UV”.
  • They don’t understand when I say “transparency” but immediatly understand when I say “alpha”.
  • A texture is “tie2 tu2” (on the website, they call it differently :s … even “bitmap” is translated differently).

My coworkers are often using some english words instead of their chinese equivalent, so I still can understand what they say, most of the time … however, I would like to be able to make the communication easier between them and me … so I would definitly appreciate an accurate database of words really used by taiwanese people in the game industry.

[quote]If it does, I’ll ask them if they want to help you with the vocab. It should start next week. Are you interested?[/quote] I am, yes :slight_smile:

[quote=“karmaGfa”][quote=“Tetsuo”]http://ccts.cs.cuhk.edu.HK/

Only covers mainland and HK standards, but Taiwan seems to by and large adhere to the HK standards for computer terminology.[/quote]

At the first look, it is a very usefull site, thank you !
But … I still have a doubt about how close this vocabulary database is from the words that Taiwanese people are using.[/quote]
Well, I did say it only covers mainland and HK standards, and it’s a start. Obviously it’s not going to be 100% accurate with regard to Taiwan standards. I haven’t had much call to find TW terminology re software, but if I ever have to and find any useful termbases, I’ll post a link up here.

Maybe some of what you are looking for can be found through (or on links with)
chinesecomputing.com

yeah ! This link is very interesting.
Thank you ! :smiley: :notworthy:

From your link, I found this page that seems to be usefull for Taiwan :
http://ihome.ust.hk/~lbsun/terms.html
It contains some vocabulary used in Taiwan (prefixed by “[台]” :bravo: )