Chinese war ship collided into Taiwanese freighter

Didn’t they just do this to another counties fishing boat? Accident? Seems suspicious.

hopefully a lot more damage was done to the China warship, as a bulk carrier can carry any type of weighty heavy goods (steel, coal, cement, grain, etc.).
Insurance will cover it. I would take a guess that the warship did not plan on the collision (as it looks bad on the naval ship’s captain).

Well their two options are saying their Navy is incompetent or they did it on purpose lol. Can’t wait to see which one the CCP picks.

the 3rd communist option: It never happened. Our ships were never near that area.

6 Likes

If the Navy wanted to destroy a freighter intentionally, they have a lot of ways to do it without damaging their own ship or causing crew casualties.

Why would any captain risk damaging their ship beyond repair, injure or kill their own crews in order to destroy a freighter? It’s likely accidental. Not to mention it makes the captain look very incompetent.

1 Like

Well, because he was ordered to do it, presumably in a way that would minimize risk of damage to the ship while putting pressure on Taiwanese interests.

Frankly I think you’re almost definitely right, but it’s not impossible.

Well like I said all they gotta do is fire a Deng Feng missile at the freighter.

Problem solved, no navy ship destroyed, the freighter is in pieces at the bottom of the ocean, trade disrupted.

Have you ever heard the phrase “plausible deniability”? Using a missile pretty much kills that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A sea mine set in the path of the freighter… and the freighter mysteriously explodes, no one knows why.

Much better this way.

Until it blows up some Xiamen fishing boat :slight_smile: Mines can go off at inconvenient times. A bit extreme anyway. People are going to wonder where the mine came from, no? Kind of a short list of options

1 Like

The main reason it’s suspicious is it happens the day after China stopped allowing individual tourism to Taiwan to put pressure on Taiwan’s election.

There is a million ways to create plausible deniability that does not involve crashing a navy boat into a freighter. In fact crashing a freighter just about erases deniability because now it makes China look guilty or incompetent.

If they wanted to create deniability they could have done a number of things to make freighters explode mysteriously… either covert ops planting explosives in the fuel hold or saboteurs messing with critical ship systems. It’s not hard to do especially for China.

The deniability is that it was just a mistake. Sometimes ships bump into each other, see? You wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to your ship, would you?

It may well be they don’t want to make it explode, but take a less extreme step. Obviously if they wanted to make it explode that wouldn’t be difficult.

Well that settles that I’d say. Too bad about their radar, eh?

1 Like

Finders keepers

Explains that thing I saw that they tried to force them to return to port with them. I guess the captain realized he better try to get his radar back. His next command will be somewhere in the Mongolian desert I imagine

2 Likes

I don’t think he’ll get a next command if he lost the technology to Taiwan of all countries. Radar systems are everything now in with how Wars would be fought.

Taiwan seems to stumble into things like this no? Last time it was a nuclear detonator from the US lol.

What a weird series of events.

1 Like

Probably the guts of the computer systems that run it mean more than the hardware.

Yeah true, and systems now communicate with each other and are linked. I mentioned in a other thread that’s why the F35 would dominate in the skies against Chinese fighter jets. The systems is light years ahead of the Chinese. Although recent reports show the F35 is extremely vulnerable when they refuel and gets wrecked in war games when they land to refuel and be fixed.

Pretty much every new weapons system seems to have kinks to work out, which the press go apeshit about.