Chinglish is making it into the mainstream

Is this writing just as bad as I think it is? From a UK website. I think there could be a bit of reverse influence going on with the English langauge. Something could be seriously wrong.

triumph.co.uk/usa/790.aspx

“we aim for the sky; and niether does civilization”

One of my favorite scooter slogans here in the past.

I sent this memo to my company. It should help keep it safe. I’m big on dragging things behind bikes today. Todays theme.

Ironman, I don’t see what is wrong with it. Can you explain in technical terms what you think the issue is? Why do you think it is a Chinese influence? I am English BTW.

It’s grammactically correct, just really bad, in a “it was a dark and stomy night” sort of way.

Hmm accoring to “early to rise” there just aren’t enough decent copywriters around and its really easy to become one, and you can earn a fortune…I suggest the OP signs up.

Yes, you got it.

Edgar, I design the stuff “they” write about, stuff being anything sort of stuff and you should be working out by now I can’t write it. But, I’d sure like to read about it in a bearable fashion.

It’s a machine. It makes you fitter.

Can I get a job? (I charge by the word.)

[quote=“Hongda”]“we aim for the sky; and niether does civilization”

One of my favorite scooter slogans here in the past.[/quote]

I just love those scooter slogans. Let’s all look for some more and post them here, alrigthy?

:moped:

I agree. It’s advertising copy, but it doesn’t appear to be grammatically incorrect. Just like the sentence “ineluctable green ideas sleep furiously”. And “an excellent sufficiency is much more preferable than superfluity, and is much more salubrious”. Although I’m not sure about that last one… :s

[quote=“Hongda”]“we aim for the sky; and niether does civilization”

One of my favorite scooter slogans here in the past.[/quote]

Ha ha.That’s my absolute favorite too. But it’s “We reach for the sky. Neither does civilization.”

I agree. It’s advertising copy, but it doesn’t appear to be grammatically incorrect. Just like the sentence “ineluctable green ideas sleep furiously”. And “an excellent sufficiency is much more preferable than superfluity, and is much more salubrious”. Although I’m not sure about that last one… :s[/quote]

To define this better. I was thinking Chinglish in that it appears to be stuck together bits from a variety of sources that almost does the job.

“We reach for the sky. Neither does civilization” does it so much better though.

My favorite:

“Made for wind cutting.”

I also am amused by the new “Grand Dink” scooters. They are even bigger than a Yamaha majesty.