Chipping your dog

Does anyone know what chip America uses? Taiwan offers a choose between the AVID or TROVEN. I am wondering which one I should get and if you know any more info about chipping your dog, can you include it. Thanks for all your help

I found an interesting web site campaigning to improve the badly managed microchipping system in the USA, which results in far fewer lost pets getting returned to their owners than in Europe.

www.readallchips.com

It would be interesting to know how the situation in Taiwan compares.

My friend got his cat chipped at Zhongshan animal hospital before he brought him to the US.

Their address is:

台北市民權東路三段140巷5號 電話:(02)27196996
#5 Lane 140 Sec.3 Minquan East Road
Taipei, Taiwan
tel:(02)27196996
Hours from 9:30-21:00 mon-sat
9:30-18:00 on sun.

They did the examination, vaccination, and chipping for his cat.

I believe the chipping cost 500nt. Dr. Lin said that he used the AVID chip because that’s the kind they use in the US.

It’s pretty straightforward. The vet injects the chip into the animal’s um…loose neck skin area. He uses a syringe with a larger tip than usual. It’s over in a few seconds.

Thank god this isn’t what I thought it was about…

chipping…chipper…wood chipper. whew…

[quote=“jdsmith”]Thank god this isn’t what I thought it was about…

chipping…chipper…wood chipper. whew…[/quote]

Yeah, no kidding, I’m like, FARGO???

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“jdsmith”]Thank god this isn’t what I thought it was about…

chipping…chipper…wood chipper. whew…[/quote]

Yeah, no kidding, I’m like, FARGO???[/quote]

y’all 've been watchin too many twisted movies… :smiley: (I just watched Gangster #1 yesterday).

Actually, I thought the thread was about some bizarre Circassian dog circumcision. Have been reading too much about Ancient Israel lately :blush:

Are there really only two choices for chip implants? Bizarre!

I found this informative web site about microchipping your dog for USA or Canada
rfid.home.att.net/pet-chip.htm