Chiropractor Recommendations for Hunchback

Would really appreciate recommendations for an English speaking chiropractor in Taipei. My back is quite curved when I sit and a little when I stand, and I really want to work on fixing it.

In other thread they suggest Dr. Mark Chiropractic Care

http://www.drsoles.net/

I’d avoid him. He has very unethical business practices. Will try and upsell you all sorts of nonsense.

5 Likes

3 Likes

@joey0825

I am a live and let live kind of person who dislikes telling other people what to do but, for the love of God, no, no, no, no.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. Much like this thread, I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews for Dr. Mark. I would appreciate a second option!

Depending on the reasons for your curve, another option could be a physiotherapist instead.

Stretching the front, strengthening the back, and looking out for the underlying causes are also helpful. Is your computer monitor at eye level when you sit up straight (this is good)? Do you spend a lot of time hunched over your phone or a book (this is bad)?

You can also try visit a Orthopedic clinic 骨科診所 so they can make a scan of your bones
I visit this place ( 冠宏骨科診所) in Yonghe , New Taipei city , for me was OK when I had a injury on my foot , but some people have mixed reviews

more info

Thank you @Rocket for tagging me.

I am a licensed TCM doctor, a.k.a. acupuncturist in Taipei.
I do treat low back problems with acupuncture and herbal medicine. I do tui-na or handful manipulation too. It will also be helpful to teach patients to do some exercises and adjust their posture. Our hospital takes National Health Insurance or you can pay out of pocket. We are located in both Neihu and Gongguan area. You are welcome to come give TCM a try.

Here’s my clinic hours.

Joey

1 Like

It’s not medical advice but try hanging from a bar for increasing durations each day.

Obviously, if you feel pain, don’t do it but, if not, this is a general therapeutic that is good for most folks.

oh yeah, love that bar hang. i have a door frame bar from amazon in storage to be shipped to taiwan, and for now am stopping by some local monkey bars from time to time to get my fix. feels so good!

Reposting my comment from an earlier thread:

If you are going the chiro route you can skip Dr. Mark unless you want a hard sell on a 20,000 NT package of treatment sessions (remember: everyone’s neck is injured, and if we can only ‘fix the curve’).

I’ve had a lot of good luck with 毅心健康學堂 (you can look them up on LINE). It’s a good mixture of PT + chiro.

Yeah and also, you have one leg shorter than the other you need a 10,000 insole. Hey, how about you fix the functional leg length discrepancy with, oh, chiropractic treatment like any normal chiropractor would?

It’s too bad the industry is full of charlatans.

We aren’t doing anything good to our neck and spine by constantly being hunched over our PC and phone. Proper adjustments of the muscles and spine can help mitigate this.

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

This legitimately makes me angry.

People who take advantage of people in pain and the elderly are fairly near the bottom of the rung.

1 Like