Chiu-Yi arrested

Should Chiu-Yi have been arrested for his actions on the night of 3.20?

• Yes, issues over election irregularities should be handled properly through the court.
  • No, as reports of fraud came into Chiu-Yi on 3.20, his actions were reasonable against a government that had lost its legitimacy.
  • It’s a toss up. It was a crazy time.

0 voters

I just filmed Chiu-Yi getting arrested after he walked out of 2100 talk show.

They handcuffed him while he was still in the elevator on the first floor.

There were lots of deep blue supporters rooting him on, and one got arrested.

Are you guys happy now?

I remember a story of a Dangwai (person outside of the KMT) who ran against a KMT candidate and was allegedly (or most likely) cheated out of the election.

His supporters wanted to break things and charge into the court or whatever other official building, but he decided not to take such actions.

He backed down and drew the ire of a particular activist who supported such actions against a KMT government that had most likely rigged the election.

20 to 30 years later, this same activist laughs at the people who protest against the new ruling party which has allegations against it of doing some of the same things in a presidential election.

While I am not discussing whether it is right or wrong for such actions to take place after reports of fraud in an election come in, I am pointing out that similar circumstances have happened in the past, but some people have very different ideas about it because it was the KMT that was in power.

If it was 20-30 years ago and an election was most likely rigged by the KMT, would you guys support actions similar to the ones by Chiu-Yi?

Deep blue = evil. Arrest them all. :smiley:

PS – Who’s Chiu-Yi ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Deep blue is an evil cult.

We need to round up all the Evil Blues and send them away to Poland

you’re basing everything on your assumption that it is “obvious” there was fraud in the election, when there is not evidence supporting that. first get the evidence of that. failing that i don’t see why being blue and breaking the law precludes one from being arrested.

Orange is evil. Qiu Yi (邱毅) is a nutcase with no respect for the law or democracy.

Wording. The

That should be “Deep blue is a evil cult.”

Hopefully this isn’t your “breaking evidence” of election fraud or anything like that.

He deserved to be arrested because he was defying court orders. How can a person who will defy the laws of the government be trusted run one?

No, its good that he’s Blue now, its good that he’s going to jail.

You’re being too harsh on BNut. Personally, I find his logic compelling. Since he’s started posting, I’ve realized that the DPP reign of terror has made life unbearable for the people of Taiwan. Lawbidding citizens are arrested regularly just for voicing their opinions. There is political oppression everywhere. There is only one China and Taiwan is its province. Beijing is its capital.

And don’t forget…you White guys don’t know anything about Taiwan.

Things would be so much better if a white guy was running Taiwan.
:unamused:

But not to fear the Havard Educated white knight will come and save us.
:laughing:

That’s right. Either the white guys or all those Chinese guys who grew up in America.

[quote=“Betelnut”]I just filmed Chiu-Yi getting arrested after he walked out of 2100 talk show.

They handcuffed him while he was still in the elevator on the first floor.

There were lots of deep blue supporters rooting him on, and one got arrested.

Are you guys happy now?

I remember a story of a Dangwai (person outside of the KMT) who ran against a KMT candidate and was allegedly (or most likely) cheated out of the election.

His supporters wanted to break things and charge into the court or whatever other official building, but he decided not to take such actions.

He backed down and drew the ire of a particular activist who supported such actions against a KMT government that had most likely rigged the election.

20 to 30 years later, this same activist laughs at the people who protest against the new ruling party which has allegations against it of doing some of the same things in a presidential election.

While I am not discussing whether it is right or wrong for such actions to take place after reports of fraud in an election come in, I am pointing out that similar circumstances have happened in the past, but some people have very different ideas about it because it was the KMT that was in power.

If it was 20-30 years ago and an election was most likely rigged by the KMT, would you guys support actions similar to the ones by Chiu-Yi?[/quote]

You’ve got to be kidding me!

This little imp of a man, Chiu-Yi, should have been locked up that day he decided to get on top of a rally-truck and directed it to ram into a wall of police officers, simply after the result of a close election.

And you’re comparing him to pro-democracy activists durning the days of a totalitarian regime?!

He’s a cowardly punk who gives “protester” a bad name.

:laughing: DEMOCRACY IS DEAD!:lol:

[quote=“ScottSommers”]You’re being too harsh on BNut. Personally, I find his logic compelling. Since he’s started posting, I’ve realized that the DPP reign of terror has made life unbearable for the people of Taiwan. Lawbidding citizens are arrested regularly just for voicing their opinions. There is political oppression everywhere. There is only one China and Taiwan is its province. Beijing is its capital.

And don’t forget…you White guys don’t know anything about Taiwan.[/quote]
:notworthy: And you say I’m too harsh on BNut? I concede defeat.

[quote=“ScottSommers”]
And don’t forget…you White guys don’t know anything about Taiwan.[/quote]That’s silly; anyone who’s been in Taiwan for 25-35 years (regardless of skin color), speaks the language, and travels extensively probably know quite a bit about Taiwan.

Now, those who’ve only been in Taiwan for a handful of years, travels mostly in ex-pat circles, and primarily reads English-language media knows as much about Taiwan as a recently arrived Chinese FOB knows about the United States.

As far as being American-educated, nothing wrong with that. The USA has some of the best academic institutions in the world, and true knowledge should be embraced no matter its geographic location. Sun Yat-sen, we might remember, was American-educated (and Japanese-educated) himself. But fortunately, he was wise enough to stick with Chinese nationalism, as opposed to believing a few years of local experience gave him any credibility when speaking about Hawaiian nationalism.

Sun was in with CKS and Soong family from the start to pull a fast one over all the retarded Chinese and all other non-Chinese in that region. He’s just a lying little cunt and really nothing more. :fume:

That’s because blue are above the laws or they are the laws. At least, it used to be that way!!

cctang, that’s certainly not true. There’s far, far more information about Taiwan available in English or other foreign languages than there is information about Western countries available in Chinese. Afterall, how many major American politicans speak Mandarin? How many times have you heard senior executives of the US government suggest that Mandarin be made an official language of the nation? Foreign languages, especially English, are far more important in Taiwan than they are in the USA.

In fact, we are beginning to touch upon a rather sensitive issue of who is ‘more Taiwanese’; foreign-raised ROC passport holders or long-term foreign residents of the island. I suspect that if you ask Taiwanese men who have done compulsory military service or women from their families, the answer might be a little different from what you expect.

Or is this simply a matter of who knows more about Taiwan?

Chiu Yi represents the worst of the dregs of political life in Taiwan. No decent Taiwanese who loves this country could possibly identify with or condone his rabid anti-democratic, anti-Taiwan, piss-in-the-face-of law-and-order thuggishness. His appalling actions on the night of the presidential election would certainly have resulted in his immediate arrest, the end of his political career, and a lengthy term of imprisonment if he had done any such thing in the US, UK or any other Western democracy.

The sooner this political roach is stomped on and excised from the political arena, the better a place Taiwan will become and the more hope there will be for its future.

I totally agree that Qiu Yi (邱毅) is the absolute dregs of Taiwan politics. I would just as soon have Lien Zhan dealing with wife bashing or Lu XiuLien (呂秀蓮) dealing with aboriginal affairs than have him (Qiu Yi) do ANYTHING. I don’t care how blue or orange you are. Standing on a truck that is raming a gate in front of a line of police quite reasonably trying to protect the city hall is just criminal by any measure. It is a fair bet most of the police were not even green supporters, just people doing their job.
He is nothing short of a complete criminal. The infamous blue truck incident was just one example. Another example not yet mentioned here was one of his workers was arrested a while ago for dealing heroin. He (Qiu Yi 邱毅)denied knowing the guy at the time but was later shown on film talking to him more than once. I also am 99.9% sure that I saw him talking to the smack dealer when I was at the airport once when I was in a room which only had 4 other people in it just a couple of weeks before his drug dealer mate/worker got arrested.
For the record no, I am not some wildly pro-green person. I am more or less indifferent between Ma YingJiu and Xie ChangTing for next president (and believe that chances are unless the blues have some monumental stuff up such as a split vote like they did the first time A-Bian got ellected then they will win). Qiu Yi is however by any reasonable measure totally deserving of being locked up. I have even heard an otherwise pro-blue policeman guy echoing these thoughts just after the blue truck incident.