Chocolate in Trouble

What’s the status on Chocolate now?

Deported on rumors?

I doubt we’ll ever hear his name mentioned here again. Which is a pity, because it would be interesting to learn how he’s picking up the pieces of his life, and whether he’s making any effort to fight back against his deportation.

Maybe, just maybe, he’ll try something on like flying back to Taiwan, applying for an entry visa at the airport, and then kicking up a huge rumpus if he’s refused. But I doubt he’s likely to go to such lengths. I expect he’ll just resign himself to his situation, complain about it and vent his disgust with Taiwan a lot, and then get on with building up a new life somewhere else.

Wouldn’t that imply you are also “guilty” of liking those same young men? Frankly, how many rice queens do not go for younger guys? :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, I’m surprised at how little sympathy he’s getting from some of you (us) in the community. Even with his history of sleazy behavior in the scene, he’s still entitled to due process.

Wouldn’t that imply you are also “guilty” of liking those same young men? Frankly, how many rice queens do not go for younger guys? :stuck_out_tongue: [/quote]
No, because I usually date people my own age or older, so when I was a young man, I dated other young men, and Chocolate’s older than I am, get it?

Is Chocolate back in Taiwan, opening Bushibans?

05/21/2004 Chocolate Children’s School Part-Time Part-time Mornings Only Chung Ho / Yung Ho / Ban Chiao right away

[quote=“Chewycorns”]Is Chocolate back in Taiwan, opening buxibans?

05/21/2004 Chocolate Children’s School Part-Time Part-time Mornings Only Chung Ho (Zhonghe) / Yung Ho (Yonghe) / Banqiao right away

I doubt we’ll ever hear his name mentioned here again. Which is a pity, because it would be interesting to learn how he’s picking up the pieces of his life, and whether he’s making any effort to fight back against his deportation.

Maybe, just maybe, he’ll try something on like flying back to Taiwan, applying for an entry visa at the airport, and then kicking up a huge rumpus if he’s refused. But I doubt he’s likely to go to such lengths. I expect he’ll just resign himself to his situation, complain about it and vent his disgust with Taiwan a lot, and then get on with building up a new life somewhere else.[/quote]
Well Omni, I just wanted to see if anyone remembered old what’s his name…and if anyone knew how he was picking up the pieces…anyone know? :wink:

… and what about that Chocolate restauarant on XinYi and Dunhua?

The last I heard he wanted nothing else to do with Taiwan. Fells a bit betrayed I suspect.

well that’s understandable boomer but what is he doing? is there life after taiwan???

Only if you are catwoman :smiling_imp:

“Chocolate Children’s School”?

Heh heh, I just gave birth to some chocolate children this morning.

Eh? I thought he was back:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=20183

If he truly, desperately wants to come back, all he need do is change his name by deed poll (or whatever equivalent process applies in the US), get a new passport in his new name, and keep a low profile after he returns here (which would probably necessitate his living far away from Taipei and keeping his presence here secret from his ex-wife).

I assume that would work well enough, wouldn’t it? It’s what I’d probably resort to if I were deported and couldn’t bear to go on living away from Taiwan.

Newbies (and oldbies): Gobs and gobs of wisdom in this pithy statement. You’ll be much happier here if you stay off the radar screen as much as possible. No need to hide, but if you have flamboyant tendencies, you’re opening yourself up to all sorts of vulnerabilities here. It simply isn’t like it was at home.

Newbies (and oldbies): Gobs and gobs of wisdom in this pithy statement. You’ll be much happier here if you stay off the radar screen as much as possible. No need to hide, but if you have flamboyant tendencies, you’re opening yourself up to all sorts of vulnerabilities here.[/quote]

I agree. I am not flamboyant but I am not anti-social either. I think it is a good idea to keep a low profile.

Given the huge financial payout that C got, why on earth would he want to come back?

But we don’t know that he got any huge payout, do we? We know he was demanding an exorbitant sum, but I’d be very surprised indeed if his wife shelled out even a fraction of that amount.

In fact, I don’t see why she would have felt compelled to give him as much as two brass farthings – he’s safely out of the country and out of her hair, and I doubt he could substantiate any kind of claim under the laws of any jurisdiction, least of all the laws of Taiwan. It was, after all, a sham marriage of short duration which brought him far greater advantage than otherwise while it lasted: why should he be able to lay claim to any of his wife’s assets? He wouldn’t have got a bean under English law in the days when I was lawyering there, and I doubt it’s any different now. And I’d bet my next month’s salary that he wouldn’t get a sympathetic hearing from any judge here if he did try pursuing such a claim in the local courts.

So I doubt he’s living the life of Riley, spending his way happily through a large chunk of his erstwhile partner’s substantial fortune. I expect he’s hurting as much in the pocket as any other way in consequence of his banishment from Taiwan.

Someone left this as a comment on my site:

I am the sister of D.J. Charles Mack my name is Patricias Mack my brother is wrong !!! I have not seen my brother since the death of our mother on October 13 1998. I just saw Charles for the first time April 2004. I want to help his wife what my brother did was wrong. I will tell her the truth and secret life of my brother Charles Mack who has always hated me his younger sister, if anyone can help me find Chang Wei Chin give her my number in chicago 773-281-5463 my brother hurt this women very badly I want to help her.

Patricias Mack
timeismoney4me2@yahoo.com

So chocolate is in the US…

Well, hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned.