Chocolate in Trouble

If Chocolate is smart, he’ll spend the first few weeks of his exile from Taiwan writing a frank, lurid and colourfully embellished account of his exploits and adventures here, have it translated into Chinese, and get it into the book shops quickly before his name and current notoriety are forgotten. It ought to sell like hotcakes.

syphilis is like the summer time blues… there ain’t no cure for it[/quote]

I’m not sure whether you were joking or not, but early-stage syphilis is very curable. It is only when it goes untreated for a long time that the infection settles in and becomes incurable.

As far as I am aware, there are no strains which are a guaranteed death sentence upon infection. Of course, there are plenty which are antibiotic-resistant to some degree, but not antibiotic-proof . . . as long as you get it treated early.

good lord this discussions going every which way but loose innit…conspiracy theories abounding…racism, sexism, homophobia, heterophobia, human rights abuses, police corruption…somehow i think in the end it all boils down to ones man’s greed and the unfortunate fall from grace this brought. i just hope he gets a good settlement from the ex- so he can make a good start elsewhere…

Well DUH! And why would a straight person want to marry someone batting for the other team? The lack of sex? :unamused:

Just ask Al Capone.

I don’t have all the story, but if he was deported because he “violated” some rule, well, don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out. If having a certain disease is on the books as a deportable “offense,” then that’s just the way it is.
I have no sympathy for this person’s situation. And if you promote yourself as a public figure, all the more reason to keep your nose clean (pun intended).

Come on Omni, no need to be coy…just say it. :wink:

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]I saw Jeffu on a TV program last night, in which he and a panel of locals were talking to some ABCs about their and other foreigners’ perceptions of and experiences in Taiwan. Most surprisingly, in the half hour or so that I was watching the program, the name of Chocolate was not mentioned even once.

Talking of Jeffu and Chocolate, as former colleagues at ICRT, prominent foreigner “celebrities” appearing on the same kinds of local TV programs, and with many apparent similarities of lifestyle, I wonder if they are close pals and whether our Jeffu is experiencing any repercussions from the Chocolate saga?[/quote]

I was working out at the gym and saw it. My thoughts while working away at my large gut…somebody upstairs at the ICRT understands “damage control”

I don’t really see why this would hurt ICRT… Chocolate hasn’t been there for a number of years.

For anyone interested, there is a thread from last year related to syphilis. Also, someone asked “How permanent is permanent residency in the case of AIDS?”

Talk about a statement with problems!

1. is marriage a natural law? or is it a contradiction of natural law? is monogamy a natural law or contradiction thereof?
  2. it sounds like you’re putting all the responsibility on gays. maybe you should say “straights MUST NOT MARRY GAYS!” instead
  3. gays have been marrying straights for thousands of years. if gays were more accepted, maybe they wouldn’t feel pressure to marry straights. lesbians sometimes marry straight men too…
  4. gays don’t have the right to marry each other in many countries
  5. people get married for many reasons, love, money, convenience, green card… the list goes on. Personally, I don’t think that marriages should be so strictly regulated.

Hmm, yes … perhaps Chocolate’s course of action in acquiring a wife for practical reasons but not letting it stop him from satisfying his homosexual proclivities outside the marriage is something that he learned from living in Taiwan for so long. There are certainly untold thousands of Taiwanese men living their lives in just the same way – and many of them picking up and spreading STDs while doing so. Fortunately for them, though, they cannot be deported for it if they are exposed.

Fortunately for their wives, the ROC gov pays for all meds for HIV as well. Too bad foreigners who get hiv from Taiwanese aren’t accorded the same benefits… Instead, we get a free one-way plane ticket… :frowning:

Just assuming for a minute that Chocolate is innocent of all accusations except having had Syph, then once he gets deported what’s to stop him coming right back in? He can do the health check again, syph’s cleared up, no problem.

Brian

==================Chocolate will be okay. His time was up, that’s all. He will go to SF or NYC or LA, play up his bilingual talents on tapes and land some interesting kind of work. maybe he will fulfill his dream to become a film director or USA actor.

====================Has he left yet, and will someone turn our the lights in the Choco factory when he’s gone? HE won’t really be missed here, except by his angel, who skimmed money from him. And JEffu will be real careful from now. SPeaking of JEffu, I saw a new book by him in the bookstore today, his 50th book i guess, and it is dedicated to his late dead house pet dog FAYBEE and his first girlfriend.

========================The intro, 3 pages is in ENglish. go to bookstores and read it. it’s another one of those JEff can teach you AMerican slang books with lots of photos of antic man doing tricks. I guess the mantle has passed to Jeffu now. When are some new foreign talents going to arise here and give us better ratings?

==================I was tired of Choco, and hated his nickname, but Jeffu seems a go getter and doing well now. But where are the new talents? Can’t we have some new big nose faces on TV for a change?

====================Maybe someone from this communituy of expats? Like ironlady or alien or even alleycat or omni? I would love to see some new blood. For eons and eons, it’s been all CHoco and Jeff. Where are the new faces? Juba would be good too.

==============That kid from Arizona Kevin McCaffery who some travel series here on Power TV got cancelled and then quickly left the island to join the USa armed forces I heard.

===============I just got it.!!! Litltte Buddha would be perfect for Taiwan TV. Does anyone know him. talk him into an audition.

That’s what I’ve been wondering. Perhaps they’ll stamp something in his passport like “not eligible for re-entry within the next 6 months” or whatever, and then treat him like anyone else if he wants to come back again after that.

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has specific knowledge of what exactly the terms of deportation are in such cases. Perhaps Feiren could cast some light on this, or anyone else?

um according to my “friend” they just stamp a letter which refers to the seriousness of the deportation offense …actual length of ban is never officially confirmed but usually whispered unofficially…however choco’s case is alittle special; he may be declared persona non grata for all i know

===============in his case, he will most likely never be allowed back into Taiwan again in his foreseeable life. He will blacklisted, no pun intended, forever. But that’s okay. He can make career changes to Hong Kong, Shanghai, even make it big in Hollywood. He had 16 good years here.

===================Now it’s on the greener pastures and he will survive. he might become the new AMerican Idol.

==================What did he have going in Taiwan? Nothing. Just a foreign monkey, like JEffu and everyon else here.

I can’t see him having much to offer in Hong Kong. But in the mainland, yes, he could possibly find the same kind of openings that he was able to take advantage of when he first came to Taiwan. Do any of you old China hands have any thoughts about that?

Looking on the bright side, getting deported could possibly turn out to be far more positive than negative for him. Some people who are in a rut, but comfortable enough not to be bothered to rouse themselves to do much about it, could possibly benefit pretty well from being kicked out and forced to make a fresh start elsewhere.

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]
Looking on the bright side, getting deported could possibly turn out to be far more positive than negative for him. Some people who are in a rut, but comfortable enough not to be bothered to rouse themselves to do much about it, could possibly benefit pretty well from being kicked out and forced to make a fresh start elsewhere.[/quote]

==============My God, Omni, you sound like a certified psycho LOGIST. and you might even be right. i believe he will go now to NYU film school and become a movie director like SPielberg and SPike Lee.

I saw him on TTV television news tonight. It was hard to hear everything that he said, because of all the Taiwanese people around me. But I believe that I heard him say, in English:

I am Taiwanese. I’ve got a Taiwanese wife… Blah blah blah… I should have the right to go to Taiwanese prison…

Did I hear that or am I completely mistaken? You can check the news later tonight. I’m positive, he will be on there again. They held some white paper next to his head. There was also a lady talking in Taiwanese that I’m guessing is his wife.

=============No, the lady was probably his agent ANGEL. Yeh, maybe he should have the right to go to jail here, 12 years in the slammer for having dark skin.